Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Killberbee problems in my FG Monster!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Killberbee problems in my FG Monster!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 12:25 PM
waqr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killberbee problems in my FG Monster!

I have recently installed a Killerbee killswitch in my FG Monster. However, ever since I installed the Killerbeen the engine has stuttered severly. I have thought that it was cracks in the fuel lines, bad spark plug and so on. Since this didn`t stop the stutter I tried to remove the Killerbee and then finally the stutter stopped and the engine performs like a dream.

Something is interfering with my Killswitch so that it cuts the ignition every like millisecond but I can`t figure out what. The radio is a Hitec Agressor FM40. I have the exackt same combination in my Baja 5B (Killerbee and Hitec Agressor FM40) and I don`t have any problems there strangely enough.

How can I make the Killerbee work in my FG?

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2010, 01:24 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: Killberbee problems in my FG Monster!

maybe there is a problem with the killswitch itself? try it on your baja and see if it still does the same thing
Old 06-06-2010, 01:30 PM
waqr

No, the Killswitch is ok. It works fine on the Baja with the same radio.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:59 AM
waqr

So, I just installed my Futaba 2,4 Ghz 3PM MX but I still have the same problem with the killswitch interfering with the ignition. This is really weird. Can I make som kind of adjustments on the radio in order to stop the Killswitch from intefering?

This is how it looks. Should the single pin at the top (see first picture) be there on the switch?

Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, the single pin is for the additional LED. I don't think you can adjust on the radio to make it work better, the switch is made for working or not working Have you checked inside the engine that there is absolutely no "false" contact on the coil that connects the two wires from the coil to cut the ignition? Have you tried the coil from the Baja?
Old 06-12-2010, 01:56 PM
waqr

Thanks for your reply Lars No, I haven`t tried anonther coil yet. However if I remove the Killswitch and use the original shut off button then the engine works fine without any stuttering so I doubt it should be the actual coil.

Any other opinions of what it can be? I`m started to get really frustrated.......

Old 06-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok! I see. Now i am as frustrated as you are So to sum it up: the switch works fine on the Baja, the FG works fine without it. I am pulling my hair off!
Old 06-12-2010, 02:36 PM
nothinbetr2do

have tried checking the end point settings for the 3rd channel on your new radio? they should be at 1oo% in both directions
Old 06-12-2010, 02:47 PM
waqr

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

Ok! I see. Now i am as frustrated as you are So to sum it up: the switch works fine on the Baja, the FG works fine without it. I am pulling my hair off!
Yep, that is correct! The frustration is growing
Old 06-12-2010, 02:48 PM
waqr

ORIGINAL: nothinbetr2do

have tried checking the end point settings for the 3rd channel on your new radio? they should be at 1oo% in both directions
Well, when I use the third channel switch it shows -100 when I shut the engine off and +100 when I can start it again. Is that the way it should be or should it be +100 or -100 in both directions?
Old 06-12-2010, 04:43 PM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: waqr

ORIGINAL: nothinbetr2do

Well, when I use the third channel switch it shows -100 when I shut the engine off and +100 when I can start it again. Is that the way it should be or should it be +100 or -100 in both directions?
you have it right. -100 off, +100 on. aleast now you know it's not that
Old 07-04-2010, 05:41 AM
splcrazy

dude the problem is the switch i had the same problem and i fixed it by placing the switch on my work bench and smashing it with a heavy solid steel mallet lol . The problem is within the switch itself , what happens is the switch has a bad internal connection somewhere making that interferes with keeping the ignition spark stable thats why its making the engine stutter , i put that switch into my FG MT and it crashed my model , then i took out the switch and put it into my baja 5b and it made it crash aswell , then i put the switch under my mallet problem solved .
Old 07-04-2010, 05:59 AM
borley1863

The thing is though is he is saying it works in one car not the other so that in theory rules out a fault in the switch so either it`s the leads to the engine killswitch, the killswitch on the engine or maybe the RX, thats a thought have you tried taking out the RX from your baja and putting it in your FG so you know the settings have to be the same with that RX?
Regards
Guy
Old 07-04-2010, 08:17 AM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just dealt with a similar killswitch problem with bad stuttering. Ended up being the connector to the receiver was loose. Replaced it and it was fine.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:49 AM
mooman007uk

if the switch works fine in another rc then you've eliminated that as the problem, so now just a process of elimination, not the coil cos it works fine with no switch so that's out...as csp says check you connector to rx, wiggle it a nd see if the switch starts acting up if that's ok then it has to be a short across the wires somewhere either from rx to switch or switch to coil.
Have you checked the manual switch? I've had a few of those act up