Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

info on the box air filter

Old 06-17-2010, 07:51 PM
mubus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default info on the box air filter

hey guys i was wondering if someone could give me some info about this [link=http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4710/.f]box air filter[/link]
like is this air filter better then the hpi baja foam filter? in term of protecting the engine from debris and keeping performance up.
the reason is because i seen on youtube a well known guy that has one of these.. i'm interested in this mainly because i need a new air filter and this is cheaper by alot compared to the hpi foam filter
i tried to do a search but came up empty handed so if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Old 06-19-2010, 07:10 AM
clubin

Default RE: info on the box air filter

That is krap! Stick with the HPI filter. Don't let the price of the HPI filter scare you. Atleast it will protect the engine, the one in the link will not.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:51 AM
TIGER76

Like clubin says stick with the hpi filter never worth stuffing an engine up over a filter tbh im sure you could add some more protection like mesh over the intake etc but even that wouldnt give me peace of mind[]
Old 06-20-2010, 08:21 AM
borley1863

Yeah thats pretty much the stock one you get with CY engines, it`s an instant removal, the only cars i have seen running anything close to resembling those filters are on road cars as they don`t get as much crap in there cars.
Guy