Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

For $80, can I go wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Freezetron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For $80, can I go wrong?

Ok, im still on the hunt to replace my stock 5T can with something a little "better" all around but without an insane price tag, the gay look of an intestine wrapping around my baja and not being easily damaged. I haven't hear much on this pipe, but peeps say is pretty quiet and does offer a moderate performance increase. For $80, would it be worth it vs 5T can? I'm sick of my damn silicon stinger falling off and I'd like to give my 5T a bit more "kick"

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.5643/.f
Old 07-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Sherv
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: For $80, can I go wrong?

Just buy this and get it over with man.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.6345/.f

Trust me it is worth every penny. My JetPro pipe on my Nutech raps around my truck too and it really doesnt get in the way that badly. I've had issues on the field where I needed to take it off to replace a snapped bolt but guess what... I much rather do that at home where I won't lose a small part in the grass so I don't mind spending 2min removing 3 bolts to get under the exhaust. (I don't have a truck to use the bed as a repair table)
The difference from stock with the DDM exhaust is huge. I was actually unimpressed with 1/5th scale (performance) until I bought the exhaust. I honestly did not think it would have been that big of a difference.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:31 AM
DarkFire989

The moment you get a big pipe its awesome. The power increase is huge.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Obeast44

Definitely save up and buy a quality pipe, the other guys are right, the power difference will be substantial.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Freezetron

Thats simply too big, it covers half the damn chassis and when I want to work and clean it, I have to remove all the time just to basic work. No thanks, its not worth it, no matter how much power it puts out. And now that I think about it, the more power from a larger peipe, the more likely I'll stress and break parts. So maybe its just best if I don't do anything at all...
Old 07-20-2010, 11:57 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

Save for a little while and watch ddm deal of the day. They'll have a nice, cheap, powerful pipe on there eventually if you're patient. Jetpro, Victory, Mielke, Dominator, etc.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Freezetron

After looking into everyones advice, i've decided to wait until I'm really ready to purchase a pipe. I need to get a few other priority parts first, namely a woodster body before I deal with the exhaust anyway, just trying to have an informed decision when its time. Looks like either the GBE orCPI is best suited for my needs in regards to a good, non intestine looking pipe with low noise and good performance boost all around. For that, I can justify spending the extra $
Old 07-21-2010, 06:06 PM
fourwheeler

I don't have one but "less noisy" is not something I have ever heard associated with the GBE pipes, they put out decent power but are loud from what I have heard.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:56 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

gbe pipes are loud..the quiet pipes from what i heard are the mielke and ss pipe.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:53 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Dominator is better but for $80 I'd say go for it, it's conveniently small too.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:29 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

Thats simply too big, it covers half the damn chassis and when I want to work and clean it, I have to remove all the time just to basic work. No thanks, its not worth it, no matter how much power it puts out. And now that I think about it, the more power from a larger peipe, the more likely I'll stress and break parts. So maybe its just best if I don't do anything at all...

you never drive you car enough to get it dirty[sm=wink_smile.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 07-24-2010, 10:23 AM
cheezer1222
My Feedback: (3)

I don't know if I'd go with gbe if I were you. I'm sure it's an awesome pipe, but it's also something like $250. Plus the whole noise thing. I can't say from experience with gbe and noise, but I do have the vrc unsilenced pipe, which looks a lot similar to the gbe, and that pipe is LOUD. Personally, I like the mielke side pipe. It doesn't give spectacular performance gains, but it's definitely better than the stock can and it's the quietest pipe that I've ever owned. You could also go with a 5b dominator. I think those also fit the 5t (I would imagine the body still fits over it, I could be wrong). If you watch ddm's ebay page, they usually have a dominator up for auction that you can snag for like $120, maybe less, if you're lucky.