RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   1-5th scale Series II Holden Commodore V8 Supercar body (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/10252082-1-5th-scale-series-ii-holden-commodore-v8-supercar-body.html)

technokit27 01-10-2011 01:42 AM

1-5th scale Series II Holden Commodore V8 Supercar body

Hey guys,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-K86Ncn8Ko

This is what you have been waiting for… a 1-5th scale Series II Holden Commodore V8 Supercar body shell designed and developed by world renowned body shell producer Frank Killam.

Now you can replicate the full size V8 Supercar teams down to exacting detail… this body was modelled off CAD data provided by Holden Motorsport and even incorporates a deep splitter front air dam – which will introduce some serious front end down force and improved steering.

To add to the authenticity, a decal kit consisting of head lights, grille and badges are available, as well as window paint mask sheets, both at extra cost.

Further information will be provided closer to the launch date (February 2011) and you can expect to be able to purchase these bodies from your local 1-5th scale hobby supplier.

For those interested, a Ford FG V8 Supercar body is in the development pipeline as well… It’s safe to say true 1-5th scale V8 Supercar racing has arrived.

www.teamvodafone1-5th.com

www.facebook.com.au\teamvodafone1-5th

splcrazy 01-10-2011 03:50 PM

RE: 1-5th scale Series II Holden Commodore V8 Supercar body

will this fit the hpi baja5b ? i would definatley get one cos i have a silver ve ss myself lol i would paint it silver but not put any of those super car decals lol

mcspanners 01-10-2011 08:13 PM

This is fantastic news, these shells are gonna sell out, il be getting a couple for sure.

splcrazy 01-11-2011 01:22 AM

ORIGINAL: mcspanners

This is fantastic news, these shells are gonna sell out, il be getting a couple for sure.
yeah sell out to mostly the australian market and maybe new zealand , not so much to the american market and rest of world most proberly dont know what the hell a v8 supercar is all about , just like i dont know what the hell nascar racing is supposed to be . lol could you just imagine the look on peoples faces if i went and bought that nascar shell for my 5b lol first youd see the look on their face and then theyd say with 100% guarantee why dont you get holden shell or something lol

Lars from Norway 01-11-2011 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

will this fit the hpi baja5b ? i would definatley get one cos i have a silver ve ss myself lol i would paint it silver but not put any of those super car decals lol
Something tells me that this is for the 535 mm wheelbase, but don't quote me on this. Would be nice to get some datas on the with and wheelbase here:) Oh, very nice body by the way, always nice to see something new!

tonystott 01-11-2011 05:55 PM

Isuspect you are right Lars. The way I see it, there is a massive pent-up demand for bodies for the 570mm Baja wheelbase.

I believe that someone who made a World Rally Championship, Dakar or German DTM body (in fact all of 'em!) would make a fortune.

splcrazy 01-12-2011 03:14 AM

yeah but how long has the baja5b been out now ? youd think that there would be plenty of other body options for the 5b by now , but nope

Lars from Norway 01-12-2011 04:53 AM

ORIGINAL: tonystott

I suspect you are right Lars. The way I see it, there is a massive pent-up demand for bodies for the 570mm Baja wheelbase.

I believe that someone who made a World Rally Championship, Dakar or German DTM body (in fact all of 'em!) would make a fortune.

Wow, that would be a nice supplement, i know that HPI would sell at least one more Baja (to me) if there was more onroad- and rallybodies for these cars:)

murff 03-09-2011 06:55 PM

Great to see it  like you guys say nascar is nothing compared to the v8 supercars  I watch it as much as I can in the states IT IS RACING AT ITS BEST