RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   I think I have found a 2 speed for my MCD. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/11211395-i-think-i-have-found-2-speed-my-mcd.html)

nitrohead5300 05-12-2013 01:57 PM

RE: I think I have found a 2 speed for my MCD.

No updates MCD 2 speed has way too much rotational mass on its drivetrain !! My FG with its 2 speed is faster. I am running FG now. Gave the MCD to the wife now she has a car to race.

GT100 05-12-2013 04:31 PM

Might have been the reason why the people that were originally making it never went thru with it. I had a rampage MT and it was too much stuff going on in there. Couldn't even think what it would be like with a 2 speed.

nitrohead5300 05-13-2013 04:25 AM

It was slow GT100. And it would be tooooo expensive to make with new FG parts. Lucky for me you made me a deal on the FG 3 speed tranny parts that you sold me or else I would not have been able to afford this experiment with the FG. Besides Demon RC says they are working on a 2 speed unit for the MCD which would be cheaper than getting a custom made clutchbell extra long , harden layshaft and gears and trying to duplicate what I did. I may put the 3 speed on my FG. The wife is complaining about the MCD being too slow now she wants a FG.:D When we race who ever loses has to do the housework for a week .:D

C.lyra 05-15-2013 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrohead5300

It was slow GT100. And it would be tooooo expensive to make with new FG parts. Lucky for me you made me a deal on the FG 3 speed tranny parts that you sold me or else I would not have been able to afford this experiment with the FG. Besides Demon RC says they are working on a 2 speed unit for the MCD which would be cheaper than getting a custom made clutchbell extra long , harden layshaft and gears and trying to duplicate what I did. I may put the 3 speed on my FG. The wife is complaining about the MCD being too slow now she wants a FG.:D When we race who ever loses has to do the housework for a week .:D
You have a cool wife, that wants to play with you...[8D]

nitrohead5300 05-17-2013 12:10 PM

Thanks she is pretty cool to put up with me.:D But she has figured out that I have an advantage with the FG . The Fg is lighter better handling and quicker now she wants one.:D

GT100 05-18-2013 04:10 AM

Dude, you cant win all the time. She'll catch on. My wife is on a totally different thing when it comes to the RCs so I have nothing to worry about. She's into drifting.

nitrohead5300 05-18-2013 06:11 AM

I like to win because that means I get out of doing house work!! :DAny time your wife supports your hobby in my opinion you are aleady a winner!!:D

nitrohead5300 05-18-2013 06:13 AM

GT100 have you done anymore speed runs with your inline twin FG??