RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Raco JackRabbit Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/1783274-raco-jackrabbit-thread.html)

oldskool 05-03-2004 06:16 PM

Raco JackRabbit Thread

I started this thread so that everyone that has or had a Raco Jackrabbit, can post anything about this vintage buggy hear. I would like to see pictures, projects of other jackrabbits out there. So if you have anything, Post it!

decalman 05-12-2004 09:36 AM

RE: Raco JackRabbit Thread

oldskool,
i have jr i just took out of the closet,i am trying to find some trailing arms but having much luck.......
if there is any out there i would shure love to buy some!!!!!
jw
[email protected]

oldskool 05-12-2004 04:44 PM

The only suspension pieces I have are the two front swing arms. Watch for some on ebay.

oldskool 05-12-2004 06:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of my JacRabbit. I just got it on trade, I like it a lot. It has a Zenoah G23 engine and a K&N air filter on it.

decalman 05-13-2004 08:29 AM

oldskool,
could you please e-mail me when you list them?
my ebay name is twincraft
thanks
j.w

oldskool 05-13-2004 08:52 AM

I ushally list all my parts and cars on RCU. I don't sell on ebay often. But You can find some Raco parts on ebay if you look hard enough. There is a guy that is selling all his JR's, but only one at a time. He maty have some extra parts for them to. These parts are hard to find so I imagine that you will be spending aboout $80 for a pair of rear trailing arms. I have the front ones if you need them. Let me know, I have no need for them at this time.

decalman 05-13-2004 11:45 AM

oldskool,
i do need one front but i will buy both if you prefer,let me know how much shipped to 78132 new braunfels tx,and will pay pal you or send cashiers check....
thanks
j.w

pb_paulie_b 06-06-2004 08:47 AM

hey there! i have a jac rabbit! my set up includes a sk 27cc motor will carb, filter, and a 12' marine tuned pipe. it have 3 servos and turnes and stops on a dime:D i also have a custom set of aluminum trailing arms. i have 1 rear trailing arm for sale.

oldskool 06-06-2004 09:23 AM

Do you have any pics?

pb_paulie_b 06-06-2004 08:06 PM

i would love to... i have pic's on my computer but i can't seem to get them to work on here:(. how do you guys do it??

oldskool 06-06-2004 08:31 PM

You can edit your post that is where I put in the pics. Then upload the files.

pb_paulie_b 06-07-2004 04:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
whatcha think?? the servos are tower ts-80's (343oz.) one for the steering and one for the break. i use a hi tec hs-81mg mini servo for the throttle. the rear arm are custom aluminum with ofna moster pirate rear tires. the radio is a jr xr3i 3 channel fm. the ts-80's are hard wired to an orian team 3300 mah stick pack. for the exhaust is a mac's header/12' tuned pipe. the sk27cc motor has the compression raised from 125 to 180psi. i run a 50/50 mix of 91 and 102 race fuel.

oldskool 06-09-2004 06:11 PM

Very Nice! Where did you get the header and pipe from? I am looking for the same set up.

pb_paulie_b 06-10-2004 05:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i got the header from my local hobby shop www.dougshobbyshop.com mac's headers are popular with the marine crowd so it's should be readily available. the tuned pipe was made by majorsmakedown on ebay for $45 bucks. be aware you will have to trim the bulkhead and put a spacer where the shock mounts for the exhaust to fit.

pb_paulie_b 06-10-2004 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a close up of my aluminum trailing arms. this is for you J.W.

oldskool 06-10-2004 02:15 PM

Did you make those your self?

pb_paulie_b 06-10-2004 04:29 PM

nope. credit goes to larry cross at www.quarterscalemotorsports.com he hooked them up for me. to me anyone who drives a jac rabbit will break a trailing arm, it's only a matter of time:(. i have. these ones seem to be bullet proof;). it makes me want access to a machine shop real bad.

oldskool 06-17-2004 01:28 PM

How is your radio gear set up in your buggy? I have a problem with hooking my servos to my receiver. The 1/4 scale servos seem to not work with my setup, which is exactly like a 1/10 scale car setup just with 1/4 servos. How did you wire your servos in? I use a BEC reciever.

pb_paulie_b 06-17-2004 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i use a y-harness. one side goes to the battery direct, one side runs to the servo direct, and the other plugs into the reciever in the normal spot for that servo. you do not plug in a battery to the reciever at all. this bypasses the bec function and gives the servos full power. having a normal set up ie: 10th scale will end up burning up the reciever from too much power drain from the servos. heres a pic to maybe help..... PB

oldskool 06-17-2004 09:44 PM

I noticed that you have a 3ch receiver. I only have a 2ch, would the setup be the same for me. A bigger pic of your whole system would help me a lot. Then I could tell where each wire goes.

pb_paulie_b 06-18-2004 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my set-up is unique because i'm running a sikk toys motor and the carb linkage is different. i require 3 channels, 1 for the throttle, 1 for brake, 1 for steering. if you look close you can see the mini servo i use for the gas. since you have a g2d the gas and brake are the same channel and use the same servo. you can wire yours just like mine. i toke a better picture to maybe help. we will use the steering servo as a guide. on the y harness there are 2 female ends and one male. the coiled wire is the servo wire. it plugs into the female end. the wire with the red end plugs into the other female and runs directly to the battery. the male end plugs into the reciever in the normal spot for the steering. no matter what you hear for others DON'T plug a battery into the reciever. if you are in the market, tower ts-80's (343oz.) come with the y-harness and instructions for like $43 bucks. i would have taken a pic of the whole set-up like you said but it wouldnt help much being as there are too many unseen wires to make heads of tails of[8D]...PB

oldskool 06-19-2004 10:19 AM

I get what what you are saying. So you only have a Y-Harness hooked up to one of the servos with the battery also hooked into that servo. I can still use the 7.2V battery with this setup right or should I remove one cell since it is a 7 cell battery? Thanks for the help!

pb_paulie_b 06-19-2004 11:12 AM

if you are useing a 7 cell battery then it has to be 8.4v right? thats way too much. i'm useing a 6 cell now @ 7.2v. and that works for me even though some people will tell you that is too high. my servos like though:D. i've been useing this set-up for a while now. i use 2 y harnesses. there is one hooked to a servo extension in the back to give full power to the brake. useing a y harness is one of the best things you can do in my opinion. before with my rabbit jes sitting on carpet there was no hope of a chance turning the front tires. now it powers thru with ease[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]..PB

oldskool 06-19-2004 10:01 PM

Here is what I did today. I took my electrics out of my rabbit. I wired in a Y-Harness that I made to the steering servo. I am going to use a Tower TS-75 servo for the steering, A FMA standard size servo for the throttle, and another FMA for the brake. I just hope that the standard size servo can stop the buggy. It will be a very unique set up, if it works I will post some pics for you to check out. It is the same set up as yours but only using one 1/4 servo.

pb_paulie_b 06-20-2004 09:37 AM

how are you gonna fit a standard size servo for the brake? are you going to tool up some smaller mounts? let me know how it all turns out. throw on a pic of it in action:D. i was thinking of sharpening the front bumper guard on my rabbit and useing it to cut grass:). Muhuhahahaaa...PB