RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   worlds most powerful jacrabbit :) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/1953093-worlds-most-powerful-jacrabbit.html)

pb_paulie_b 07-01-2004 04:49 PM

worlds most powerful jacrabbit :)

1 Attachment(s)
this is my jacrabbit alcohol conversion. the motor is a 27cc big bore complete with alcohol carb, tank, lines, filter, tuned pipe, and a billit head:D. the compression is at 13.1 for break in but i have interchangeable domes to take it to 18.1 if desired:D. heres some pics of the before and after. as you see i'm happy:D. speacial thanks to red max fuels for mix'in me up a 4%syn. 10%propyline oxide,86%methanol. nitro is not needed!...PB

oldskool 07-05-2004 07:20 PM

RE: worlds most powerful jacrabbit :)

Very sick buggy there PB. I will be rebuilding my Jacrabbit soon also. It won't be alcohol powered, sticking with the 2 stroke mix with a hint of 20% methanol. Plus with this other rabbit on the way I will be having a good old time. I plan on repainting everything except the body (just did it). Adding a new pipe to it, maybe some new tires for it as well. When I get done I will post some pics for ya.

Check out this [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19168&item=5908022 173&rd=1]Raco[/link].

pb_paulie_b 07-05-2004 07:53 PM

thanks bud. i can't get the link to work??? about gas an methanol. i'm sure you can mix them but it's the lines and carb. first the lines. gas will eat alcohol lines and alcohol eats gas lines. also methanol will eat your stock gas carb, particularly the fuel bulb. i guess what i'm sayin is do your homework before you mix the 2. peace...PB BTW redmax might throw 5% nitromethane in the next order[X(]

oldskool 07-05-2004 08:01 PM

I have changed the carb on the engine, I got it from Walbro. They said that it was suitable for alcohol. But I should of cleared it up a bit for you. I just mix 20% Top Fuel in the tank with the 2 stroke mix it is very little. I don't run straight methanol in my cars it gets to expensive. The car is on the "Bay" site. Just type in Raco for a sheach topic.

pb_paulie_b 07-05-2004 08:20 PM

wooooo the spiderman car?? that thing is bad azzz!!

oldskool 07-05-2004 08:28 PM

I don't care much for the body, but I love the chassis/ roll cage. Plus those wheels are always a plus!

magicfrost 07-05-2004 09:53 PM

does anyone have any schematics or some detailed drawing for these jackrabbits, since they dont make them anymore making one is seems to be turning out to be my best bet

oldskool 07-06-2004 03:59 AM

Actually your best bet is to find one on ebay or another auction site. I got my to Jacrabbit's off of RCU and Ebay. You could make one but it would be even harder finding all the parts that you need. Plus it would take so long to make any parts by hand.

pb_paulie_b 07-06-2004 06:33 PM

true. an owners manual would be helpful as it shows assembly and exploded views. i've got an original and a copy. my brother likes my rabbit so much he was excited about the spiderman car. he might bid on it!

oldskool 07-06-2004 06:48 PM

I imagine that car will go for a pretty penny. I to have all of the original paper work and the original manual for my rabbit. The buggy is really simple to put together. There isn't a lot of parts to the car itself.

merrittd 07-06-2004 09:08 PM

what kind of car is that, looks good, i need a new servo 4 my jackrabbits steering, one of my dads friends ran it in to a tree at full speed, luckily it didnt hit either of the swingarms, it hit right in the middle of the aluminum, didnt bend it much but u should have seen what it did to the tree

pb_paulie_b 07-07-2004 02:22 PM

it's an old old raco. i imagine 15 years old or more? jes look at that motor. it lookes even pre G2d. i do like the design and the lack of plastic parts to break! i also dig the direst drive tranny wonder why they did away with that?? the marder has one??

darinsrcm 07-07-2004 09:38 PM

Great job on the Jackrabbit! I have an old Raco Jackrabbit also and would like to restore it. It is in pretty good shape except for the tires. Does any one know where I can get some tires? The front tires seem to be the hardest for me to find.

oldskool 07-08-2004 02:56 PM

I have a pair of foam racing slicks front and back if you want them.

pb_paulie_b 07-08-2004 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
www.raco.co.at wolfgang (i know, thats his name) has some originals. monster truck tires (t-max ect) can be adapted, you jes drill out the center to fit over the hub and the 4 small holes to bolt them up. i use ofna monster pirate rears. they come with holes stock that line up pefectly so you don't get wobbly. make sure the rim off set will work before you buy. i've already gone though 2 pirate rear tires, theres nothing i can do when the power rips pieces of the outer rim off:D thats good glue! hey darinsrcm, got any pixs??? welcome to RCU!...PB

oldskool 07-08-2004 08:03 PM

The only problem I have is keeping the tires on the rim. The stock wheels use the plastic insert to hold the tire to the rim. But my tire still comes up a bit from sliding into the turns. They were glued to but I think it is time for another gluing job.

oldskool 07-08-2004 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The last time you see my buggy this way! It will be redone over the weekend.

pb_paulie_b 07-08-2004 08:28 PM

i also have a problem with severe "skinny up" even with inserts. i look forward to seeing your hooked up rabbit oldskool!..PB

quarterscalelegends 07-09-2004 07:20 PM

I had over 7hp in my jackrabbit and had nothing but problems with dogbones breaking.

merrittd 07-09-2004 07:55 PM

dogbone? ne way i need to make some nerf bars and a bumper for mine, ne 1 got specs for either, thanx

oldskool 07-09-2004 08:03 PM

Sounds like you have a project on your hands there.

pb_paulie_b 07-09-2004 09:19 PM

dogbones are the axles. xknacx, what did you have under the hood?? i'm arfaid of stripping out the tranny, but they are easy to come by.

merrittd 07-09-2004 09:47 PM

where do u find the tranys

pb_paulie_b 07-10-2004 03:53 PM

www.raco.co.at you can get one with a differential! it's the only thing to look forward to breakin my tranny:D.

quarterscalelegends 07-10-2004 07:41 PM

I dont have it anymore. It was just a Zen 42cc with a custom crank, ported and polisdhed and a cutom head with high compression. I pretty much stopped playing with the Raco's. Now I have a new era stadium truck and a new era monster truck.