RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   fg mt any prob's ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/2808811-fg-mt-any-probs.html)

raltracer 03-26-2005 06:32 PM

fg mt any prob's ?

Hi guys you all seem to have a opinion

i have had experience with a MCD [:@] which has now gone good fun while it worked i now feel a hankering for the fg offering

So based on this what can you tell me ???

I still have a 1/5 hankering and the Helli that replaced it is fun but i want something to bash!!!

Cheer's :eek:

No Moa 03-26-2005 06:34 PM

RE: fg mt any prob's ?

only prob i had was one of the front upright bolts bent, but that was driver error.

raltracer 03-26-2005 06:35 PM

no moa it happens

the truck looks cool i gotta have one!!

raltracer 03-26-2005 06:38 PM

i got a quote from hobbythk they seem reasonable anybody had any issues they seem very efficent

Lee G 03-26-2005 06:41 PM

The moast robust fg is the beetle shell. You can jump em, bounce em, roll em etc and they take one hell of a beating without too much dammage.

The mt's need a few mods to make em less prone to bounce. Moast comon change is the oil in the shocks. Standard oil is too heavy and causes an unstable ride.
I had broken a shock tower in the first hour runing mine in along with a cracked shell.
And the car wernt being abused.

My beetle on the other hand has been air bourne, landed on the roof and taken a beating without any shell damage.

If you intend to get a monster truck, get the new beetle based on the mt chasis with the twin shocks, you will have the best of both worlds then.

Just my opinion
Lee

raltracer 03-26-2005 06:47 PM

lee When i first got my mcd it had a similar prob i had to put some very light oil in to stop it from rolling over and ended up winding the shock mounts up to compensate

i aint too keen on the monster beatle just my pref i recon the truck looks mad and looking at some other posts it is possible to retro fit some toy bodys on sounds like a cheap way to get a cool look

somebody should get a mould made from one of these toy bodys and have them made from a proper polycarbonate

Cool

Ghydda 03-26-2005 07:05 PM

I'm pretty satisfied with mine. They aren't indestructable, far from it - but all in all they hold up pretty well. Some things need changing right away though, the shock oil being the most important one. Go with a leaner oil as mentioned earlier.
A reinforced diff-tube is also recommended, it will keep the diff-gears intact when small rocks decide to join the party and get squeezed in under the diff. Which they will!
Another good thing to remedy is the first gear-wheel - the original one of plastic will wear down pretty fast - and getting one of steel will increase the lifespan considderably.

Those 3 things are right on the top of the list. Everything else you can do does not correct design flaws, but rather adds to an already solid "toy car" which isn't prone to breaking down often.

And hobbythek is _the_ place to order an FG. Service is top notch. Although german based their English is quite good, so go on give them a call if you have any questions regarding purchasing an FG.

Cheers

original.mb 03-27-2005 05:14 AM

raltracer

i have an fg mb and its hard as nails:D but if you want the spec. of a bigfoot with alloy side curtains and 4 extra shocks why not try the pro-monster beetle?

raltracer 03-27-2005 05:16 AM

cool thanks Ghydda

it all seems good

i will get one on order

Many thanks

mnf1sand 03-27-2005 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the gear that Ghydda is talking about. availblbe at any http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/dealer.html

Ghydda 04-01-2005 04:07 PM

Yep! Something like that.

Cheers!

daytona7 04-03-2005 07:25 PM

What is the part number on the gear?