RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   DogBone Pin (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/3790564-dogbone-pin.html)

SELWA 01-18-2006 07:13 AM

DogBone Pin

I was about to clean up the FG for this weekend's Monster Jam at Toronto's SkyDome (Rogers Center now) when I noticed the pin was almost pressed out.
Do you guys think I can just press it back in and squeeze it with a vise? Or should I just put in a new dogbone? I gues I ran it that way for a little while since it shaved some of the hinge pin. :D

avgas 01-18-2006 07:39 AM

RE: DogBone Pin

Hi Selwa,
We have had this problem for a long time now, we just run the new ball drive system.
You can try and press it back, but it will do the same thing again, or you can try and get it out and put some locking fluid then press it back in.
One other thing you could try, and thats the alloy rings that Harm used on there BX1 drive cups to stop the pins coming out.
Steve:D

Battoo 01-18-2006 09:21 AM

Or better still just put it back in and compress the ball slightly with a vice thus holding the pin in with pressure @ no cost at all just effort.

SELWA 01-18-2006 09:41 AM

Thanks guys I'll give it a try. :D

hellya 01-18-2006 11:58 AM

one of my repetitive answers..........Get some jb weld:D

SELWA 01-18-2006 12:40 PM

I'll have to get some of that stuff. I think my brother uses it on his dirtbike sometimes.

I was wondering if a blow torch would weaked JB weld. I have a used X-can I picked up and need to remove the elbows from the x-can. But I'm not sure if they the soldered or JB welded together.

Big_deee 01-18-2006 05:35 PM

uhhh don't take a blow torch to it. I jb welded some stuff then later mig welded it. and it nearly burnt the garage down. JB is highly flamable.

hellya 01-18-2006 05:37 PM

only after 500*F ;)

Properties (psi)
Tensile Strength: 3960
Adhesion: 1800
Flex Strength: 7320
Tensile Lap Shear: 1040
Shrinkage: 0.0%
Resistant to: 500° F

Mechanics -- you can use J-B WELD with confidence. It is designed for safe, reliable, permanent repairs in engine compartments and heated environments up to 500° F. It's strong as steel and impervious to water, gasoline, chemicals, and acids. Working with J-B WELD is quick, easy, and convenient -- and saves you time, work, and money!

Not recommended for use on manifolds, exhaust systems, and other engine components which normally operate at temperatures above 500° F.

8000ft 01-18-2006 06:52 PM

Have you ever sweated a copper water pipe? You can do the same thing with the pin, if you've got the supplies.All you need it a propane torch, some solder, and some flux. Ace hardware will have this stuff, you can probably get it all for about 35$.