RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Hammer Throttle (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/4525180-hammer-throttle.html)

frumpy 07-20-2006 05:33 PM

Hammer Throttle

[&:]Hey guys I was out running my hammer today.Is it common when the tank gets low on fuel,when punching the throttle from a stand still it will jump right upand go for about 10-15 feet then bog right down[&o]If I release the trigger and then punch it again quickly it takes off and seems to be fine.It only seems to do this from a stand still[>:]Is this normal when low on fuel?[sm=confused.gif]

hndaman1 07-20-2006 08:15 PM

RE: Hammer Throttle

both of mine do not do that. Is your filter in the tank sticking up too high or something that it might be sucking air?Pull you cap off and see if it is laying flat on the bottom....;)

bigger the better 07-20-2006 09:00 PM

How low is low? any in it?
If empty = No gas at all, ya.
If gas is seen in the tank at all, not sure it should, mine don't.

frumpy 07-21-2006 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: bigger the better

How low is low? any in it?
If empty = No gas at all, ya.
If gas is seen in the tank at all, not sure it should, mine don't.
I can see about a 1/4'' line on the side of tank.Any suggestions what to look for.It is just broken in.This is end of 2nd tank.Possible needle adjustment already!![sm=confused.gif]

kengentry5000 07-21-2006 08:16 AM

I'm confused frumpy. What do you mean by a 1/4" line? Is that a fuel level of 1/4" from the bottom or do you mean a 1/4" crack in the fuel tank?

My Hammer idles up somewhat when low on fuel but will still run. I guess it is pulling extra air through the fuel filter in the gas tank.

frumpy 07-21-2006 09:00 AM

ORIGINAL: kengentry5000

I'm confused frumpy. What do you mean by a 1/4" line? Is that a fuel level of 1/4" from the bottom or do you mean a 1/4" crack in the fuel tank?

My Hammer idles up somewhat when low on fuel but will still run. I guess it is pulling extra air through the fuel filter in the gas tank.
:)Sorry yes Ken I'm talking about 1/4 from the bottom.Also this happens on initial start up,when the engine is not fully warmed up[X(]

J_D 07-21-2006 09:29 AM

tried adjusting ur high speed needle a bit ?

frumpy 07-21-2006 09:37 AM

:DDo I screw it in just a bit J D ?[X(]

Timmahh 07-21-2006 11:22 AM

like nitros. clockwise will lean it out, counterclockwise will richen it up. also dont go more than 1/12th or so of a turn. these needles are typically much more sensitive than Most nitros.
hth
Timmahh

bigger the better 07-21-2006 11:46 AM

Also, make sure there are no nicks or holes in the fuel line. That will also cause what you are experiencing by allowing air to lean out the mixture and run down.;)