RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Im stumped!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/4536583-im-stumped.html)

D0G 07-23-2006 08:55 PM

Im stumped!!

Have had my FG MT for a few months now, have had it tore apart many many times, but the last time I had it apart I installed aluminum rear uprights, and now my Dogbones have enough play in them to actually throw themselves out of place. 3 seperate instances I have had the bones come out. There is not enough room to slide them back into place without taking parts off. But I am asuming that under torque, things bend and shift enough for the bones..both sides to eject. Have I possibly missed putting a simple part back in? Put something on backwards? Im stumped and have taken the rear end apart 3-4 times but nothing looks broken or cracked at all.

The only simple solution I can come up with is putting a washer between the axle and bearing on the rear upright to move the drive cup a few MM towards the diff, and the only down side I see to that is less threads to hold the wheel nut on. Would this solve my problem, or would it just cause more problems?

Anyone else have the same issues?

[:@][:@][:@]

cyclops1970 07-23-2006 09:05 PM

RE: Im stumped!!

possibly you might have you're rear arm stop set too low so the arms are travelling too far down and popping out of place ?

ORIGINAL: D0G

Have had my FG MT for a few months now, have had it tore apart many many times, but the last time I had it apart I installed aluminum rear uprights, and now my Dogbones have enough play in them to actually throw themselves out of place. 3 seperate instances I have had the bones come out. There is not enough room to slide them back into place without taking parts off. But I am asuming that under torque, things bend and shift enough for the bones..both sides to eject. Have I possibly missed putting a simple part back in? Put something on backwards? Im stumped and have taken the rear end apart 3-4 times but nothing looks broken or cracked at all.

The only simple solution I can come up with is putting a washer between the axle and bearing on the rear upright to move the drive cup a few MM towards the diff, and the only down side I see to that is less threads to hold the wheel nut on. Would this solve my problem, or would it just cause more problems?

Anyone else have the same issues?

[:@][:@][:@]

D0G 07-24-2006 10:30 AM

possibly you might have you're rear arm stop set too low so the arms are travelling too far down and popping out of place ?
Ya I thought about that to. WIll be sure to double check that.

Could it also possibly be that I put those rear uprights on backwards. What side are the brake mounts on, I have the brake mount holes facing the rear.

fgbasher 07-24-2006 10:52 AM

Check the turnbuckle from the upper arm to the upright. You may have to tighten the turnbuckle to shorten the distance of the top of the upright.

D0G 07-24-2006 11:17 AM

Check the turnbuckle from the upper arm to the upright. You may have to tighten the turnbuckle to shorten the distance of the top of the upright.
I also looked into that, but when I shorten the length, the...camber (I believe its called) looks to be WAY to much and the tires are almost running on the inside 1/4.