RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   How much of a difference does a tuned pipe make on a FG MT? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/5489391-how-much-difference-does-tuned-pipe-make-fg-mt.html)

JUCD VPR 02-28-2007 03:38 PM

How much of a difference does a tuned pipe make on a FG MT?

I sent payment for my FG MT today, so in a week or two i should have it! I already bought all the stuff i needed ot make it RTR. (thanks to those of you who helped me)
My question is how much of a difference is their between a STOCK FG MT and a jetpro 2 silenced pipe? I mean how much more power does it give the truck? MPH? It it worth it for $185.00, or should i just get the jetpro pip for $165.00? Or nothing for now?
Should i get it right away or is the stock truck fast enough? I just don't want to be disappointed and think the truck is slow. IF i buy one this is going to be the last thing i get for a while, i'm in the middle of house hunting with my GF so i have to stop spending so much on this hobby and focus on buying a house here in the next few weeks.

JUCD VPR 02-28-2007 05:00 PM

RE: How much of a difference does a tuned pipe make on a FG MT?

Anyone?

02f350psd 02-28-2007 05:27 PM

i have the unsilenced jet-pro pipe and it is like night and day difference from stock. i had a gps reading of 52 with the jetpro and stock gearing. the stock truck isn't slow and i recommend using it stock at first. you will not be disappointed

cyclops1970 02-28-2007 05:52 PM

yes it is money well spent no doubt .. but have fun with it stock for a little while then upgrade and you'll see the performance differencr your self .. any tuned pipe is better then the Can ..
Good luck House hunting .. but dont drown yourself where you'll have to sell your new FG ..lol

SELWA 02-28-2007 06:13 PM

I had a MB and MT. Ran the, stock for a while then when I had a FG tunned pipe I was popping wheelies and then with the Samba I got lots of power and speed. Get use to the stock version first and then do they pipe. If this is your first largescale it's always a good to run stock first and then go crazy!!

teamchrome 02-28-2007 06:35 PM

I agree, run the stock can for a week or so and then put on the pipe.
This will be you:D:D:D:D:D:D
Your face will hurt for awhile but it gets better. Have fun.

T I G 02-28-2007 06:42 PM

Definately the best mod for these big fellas. I love the sound of my pipe, plus it looks cool:D

huw4027 02-28-2007 09:38 PM

The Jetpro pipe definitely makes a huge difference in performance. [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

Earth Surfer 02-28-2007 10:52 PM

Stock G260 with the G260 stock can. 2.3hp
Stock G260 with no exhaust at all. 2.8hp
Stock G260 with a decient pipe. 4.0hp

Revs depend on porting and pipe mostly.

krayziedxc 03-01-2007 12:52 AM

sorry for taking over the thread,didnt want to start a new thread, but whats the TOP 3 best pipe out there get?

shajaan6 03-01-2007 01:26 AM

I ran a poll to decide which pipe I would get, Jetpro, Samba, and DDM Dominator, DDM won, so thats what I got, I had my truck tuned pretty well I thought but I couldnt get it to pull wheelies(tires slipped, not enough torque to get the front off the ground) I put the DDM LOW to MID pipe on, and instantly was light night and day, poppin wheelies like crazy, nice and loud. I chase the dirt bike riders around now, its loads of fun. Definatly worth the money for any pipe.

krayziedxc 03-01-2007 01:38 AM

ORIGINAL: shajaan6

I ran a poll to decide which pipe I would get, Jetpro, Samba, and DDM Dominator, DDM won, so thats what I got, I had my truck tuned pretty well I thought but I couldnt get it to pull wheelies(tires slipped, not enough torque to get the front off the ground) I put the DDM LOW to MID pipe on, and instantly was light night and day, poppin wheelies like crazy, nice and loud. I chase the dirt bike riders around now, its loads of fun. Definatly worth the money for any pipe.

are your gears stock?

shajaan6 03-01-2007 01:47 AM

I replace the plastic spur/carrier with the chrome moly 48t from vs-modelsport.

krayziedxc 03-01-2007 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: shajaan6

I replace the plastic spur/carrier with the chrome moly 48t from vs-modelsport.

thanxs for the info

JUCD VPR 03-01-2007 03:16 AM

Hey thanks for all the info guys. I'll wait a week or two and then buy the pipe that way i really see the performance gain out of it.

Would you guys recommend the JETPRO 2 silenced pipe?
How much is the DDM compaired ot the Jetpro 2?

bryan70546 03-01-2007 04:07 AM

just go to www.davesmotors.com and compare prices. they are both awesome pipes.good luck.semper fi:D

JUCD VPR 03-01-2007 09:31 PM

So the DDM is 10 bucks cheaper.

But which pipe is better the DDM or the JETPRO 2 Silenced pipe?

slicrick 03-02-2007 12:16 AM

got my ddm for under $130 on you know where