RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   MCD Company (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/5500439-mcd-company.html)

Bulldogger 03-02-2007 07:47 PM

MCD Company

Just a piece of information for those of you who buy MCD products. I used to own a MCD Hummer and the Hobby shop I bought it from told me about two weeks after owning it that MCD for no apparent reason cut them off. I like MCD cars and trucks but after personally dealing with the owner Sinan decided to go to FG for my 1/5 scale fun. My reason for posting this is that I was thinking of buying a MCD truck again and started shopping for prices when I went to GP racing at http://www.gpracing.de/ and found this information at there web page.

Dear Customer,
Effective immediately we discontinue support for MCD products. Items in stock are sold regularily through our shop. To put it short: Recently the business attitude of MCD does not fit our understanding of a healthy business relationship.
thanks for understanding.

This unfortunately reminds me of what has happened in the past with MCD and dealers in the US. Troy is a super nice guy at LargeScale RC but what happens to everyone here if Sinan decides to go NUTS again??? I only am posting this for your own personal information. I still may gamble and buy a MCD from Troy, but I feel that the owner of MCD doesn't really care about his customers or anyone other then himself.
Don the owner of Sinner's RC used to tell me that Sinan was very nice and stood behind his product. Then out of the clear blue, Sinan called Don and said he was no longer interest in dealing with him.
It just makes me uneasy to spend over $2000 dollars for an MCD and then have no support for it.

dude7422 03-03-2007 06:35 PM

RE: MCD Company

hi now i see why no one in or around erie pa. does mcd always wonder why thanks for the info parts are very important but hay china and its low labor kills everyone

mononpro 03-03-2007 07:53 PM

I must say in defense of MCD and Sinan Personally that we (Innovative Hobby Products/www.largescalerc.com) have had a completly different experience then what is stated above. Parts availability has never been an issue and I have been assured it will never be an issue.

It is very hard to say what the issue was here in the US before. I do know that in my case MCD does expect me to move a certain amount of product to make it worth there while. The export process realy is not worth shipping 2-3 cars a month and a few parts half way around the world.

I do know that there were issues with GP Racing that even effected me being the distributor of MCD Products in the US and I am not the only distributor that was effected by what they were doing. Therefore knowing what happened with that I can't put any blame on MCD for the GP Racing Mess.

If anybody has any questions you are welcome to send me an email or contact me directly.

Thank you,

Troy Paluchniak
Innovative Hobby Products
U.S. Distributor of MCD Racing Products

bryan70546 03-03-2007 08:32 PM

dont care about thier cutomers huh,maybe that explains why sinan sent me a free 125.00 body for the one that was damaged by ups.troy and scott and sinan have been very good to me .any questions i have they answer and they allways pick up the phone.if you leave a numbers they call back.mcd backs up thier product 100% .if had a rough start with my truck .but i can tell you this i have not paid for a single part yet.now that we have all the bugs worked out ,as long as they keep pumping out vehicles people will buy them if you cant afford it , buy something else .i know the price is not for everyone .but for me i just wanted something bigger badder and had 4x4 nobody else offerd it .i think mcd and largescalerc are doing a awesome job .as long as we mcd owners keep giving them customer feedback on thier products what could be changed or improved i think the compaany will be around for a while . but with any bussiness they all can go belly up any time.but as long as they are here i will hang on for the ride.:D

Hutch-e-bee 03-03-2007 09:01 PM

Read a thread a few days ago about someone having problems put a 4x4 set up on an FG. Drama! Everyone else is playing catch up imo. King Cobra are doin the biz for me, first class service. Hopefully Sinan doesnt throw a wobbly and cut them off as he has a good product and they are good guys. But from a business point of view, if someone isnt selling enough to make it worth while shipping them in, I would cut them off too.

aluminum crusher 03-03-2007 09:49 PM

I hear that the MCD is 1500.00 with no motor, I can afford it but i rather wait and see what Smartech, Carson are about to release in the 4x4 MT world. That 1500.00 price tag with no motor is to Many Cash Dollars for me[sm=50_50.gif].

chowderhead72 03-04-2007 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher
Smartech, Carson are about to release in the 4x4 MT world. That 1500.00 price tag with no motor is to Many Cash Dollars for me[sm=50_50.gif].
Please quote your source.

Bulldogger 03-04-2007 12:41 AM

Like I said Don at Sinner's originally said that MCD was great and they stood behind their product, then was cut off and I believe it was because Sinan felt he should have sold more product. Sinner's was the only one selling MCD's in the US and I don't know how popular they were or are today, or how many units sold/month that was or is considered to be acceptable by Sinan, or even if that number changes based on his mood.
Brian I have had personal dealings with Sinan have you??, he's not the greatest. Brian he didn't send you the free body he sent it to Troy, for you, there is a difference. He has a business relationship with Troy that puts coin in his pocket. Brian If you think Sinan gives a rats ass about you, your dreaming.
Secondly who said I can't afford it, Brian you need to work on your reading comprehension. My concern goes back to my original post. I previously owned the Blackline Hummer, and when Sinan bailed in the US it was a pain in the ass to get parts for, and a very long turn around, which was annoying and starts to take the enjoyment out of the hobby.
Like I said I think Troy is a good guy and would always help a customer out, but the Facts is he has no control over Sinan. Sinan is from Istanbul Turkey, and I believe their ethics, or morals, or ideology, is different then other countries they deal with. Why are their so many FG dealers in the US and every where else, but basically only one MCD dealer in each country. Innovative hobbies/Troy is the only distributer in the US and he supplies everyone else. If Sinan decides he no longer wishes to do business with Troy then Troy is out of luck, and where do the MCD cars and parts come from?? Hopefully this will not occur and MCD's will remain stable in the US, but based on past actions of the company this still remains questionable.
Like I said GPRacing made the statement, about no longer wanting to do busines with MCD based on their BUSINESS ATTITUDE.

Now Troy what happens if the economy continues to slow and you can't move enough product to make Sinan feel it's worth his while or his demands change?? Just curious but I will call you on Monday to talk. If I buy another MCD it would only be to help you in your business venture.

aluminum crusher 03-04-2007 01:13 AM

ORIGINAL: chowderhead72

ORIGINAL: aluminum crusher
Smartech, Carson are about to release in the 4x4 MT world. That 1500.00 price tag with no motor is to Many Cash Dollars for me[sm=50_50.gif].
Please quote your source.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_49...tm.htm#4934657

click on carson news 2007 at the top of the page

http://www.rc-car-online.de/htstarteng.htm

bryan70546 03-04-2007 01:17 AM

hey pal i did not say you could not afford it you need to read what i said , i dont have explain crap to you ,sinan told troy to send me a free body and thats what i got.another thing whats the point of your tread nothing nothing at all ,seems like you see mcd all over here on rcu and you decide to to start crap thats all ,becuase you purchased a hummer that was not that popular at the time , quit your crying like a big baby about mcd .like you give a crap about troy and his bussiness if you did you would not be writing garbage like this .all i siad was i get great sevice from mcd and troy .quit being a keyboard commando .if you know sinan and he is a ***** why did you buy his product sounds fishy to me.and by the way mr perfect my name is BRYAN not BRIAN maybe you need to work on your reading skills.and maybe learn to be a little more polite to people .as i was to you when you pmed me a while back asking questions about my mcd truck. crap like this pisses me off becuase everytime a new product comes out and starts making a name for its self the goobers come out of the wood work and start their crap.just because you are not happy with mcd you dont have to come on the net and rub thier name in the dirt.thanks for taking my post out of context .:D

whizzy 03-04-2007 02:29 AM

i looked into the mcd when it first came out here in the uk the thing that worried me was parts back up and availability at the time the cost wasnt an issue but what i will do is wait to see how things goes this year with the fg 4wd and the carson/smartech 4wd and then make a decision on what i will buy and yes i do like the mcd pro truck but it might be if fg and carson/smartech have got there act together and have produce a good 4wd system that maybe mcd might take a hit end of this year begining of next but i wont buy 4wd till i see what is gonna be released this year and who else might release 4wd cars like hormann,hpi,lauterbacher
and also the carson and fg 4wd cars are shaft driven which will put them in the same league as the mcd

but it will be intreresting to see who releases what and when

bryan70546 03-04-2007 02:53 AM

fgs 4x4 is a beltdriven system ,carsons is a shaft driven system copyed off of the mcd and looks very promising ,but as far as them being in the same league .well no comment and waiting on fg to relase their version will be like waitng on hell to frezze over and see the devil wearing ice skates , carson even beat them to the punch .a rear mounted engine , no center diff to divide the power and a belt does not seem like a good way to go on a 4x4 all your weight is on the rear and to light on the front , not saying it wont work but you never know.i just ordered another fg and plan on converting it to 4x4 .to me mcd did a good job desighing a 4x4 that works great .now everybody just want to copy it and not come up with thier own.if mcd was going just bail out they probley would of did it allready but they keep coming up with new vehicles that sale and thats a good thing.only time will tell .but the future looks good foar all the big scale manufactures right now with largescale catching on the way it is any company would be foolish to stop now , if anything competition will drive the prices down and that would be good far all of us.

badz 03-04-2007 05:23 AM

I'd be worried if I owned a MCD, I mean honestly this quote alone would tick me off

"I do know that in my case MCD does expect me to move a certain amount of product to make it worth there while. The export process realy is not worth shipping 2-3 cars a month and a few parts half way around the world."

Doesn't sound like caring about customer's at all...sure it's not cost effective to ship 1 truck but a sale is a sale and it is a retail business. Just imagine how we'd feel if all these other companies felt this way since 90% of these rc's are made oversea's. I'm not impressed with a retailer claiming "cost effective" cause we all know damn well these's rc's don't cost anywhere near what we pay and most are made in sweat shops by 9yo's. Try eating some profit and it will be cost effective is all I can say.

bryan..hope you do continue to have support for your truck it'd suck not too...but either way s**t happen's and worse case is ya make it a collectable...no biggy it's still yours and you like it :D

bryan70546 03-04-2007 05:38 AM

yea i know badz but i dont think mcd , hpi ,carson ,fg and any other largescale companies are going anywhere any time soon..all i know is i myself and many others on here have been treated very well by troy and mcd .thats all i can really comment on.i stick with what works best .and at the monment its mcd and hpi.soon another fg will be along the side of the others 2 just had to have another one.i dont see what all the fuss is about .one person had a fall out with mcd so they felt they had to come on here and talk trash.and then they envolved largescalerc. a very good company which has treated alot of members here top notch .i dont question troys bussiness pratices the man know what he is doing.and i respect that .you have to make a living .and you have tp profit .to have a succesfull bussiness ,nobody is going to give the vehicles away.no one retailer will.

radio_controlled_mad 03-04-2007 05:40 AM

this is the only place i can find spares for there previous models - search any were there impossible to find,note the limited availabilty - thats what put me off buying a mcd mt last year,there previous models aint old and i have read posts before when they just stop parts supply dead and move onto there next thing

http://www.rossendalemodels.co.uk/in...ory&id_ctg=110

bryan70546 03-04-2007 05:51 AM

i give up .i guess it really true about this place if its not a fg its allways going to get bashed no matter what .first it was the baja now mcd.man you guys are ruthless.guess i will just go play in the corner with my collectables.:D

radio_controlled_mad 03-04-2007 05:58 AM

whats fg got to do with it??? btw i dont own a fg,the only fg parts on my car is brakes,radio tray,cv drives - mcd are poor at supplying parts for there previous models,and they all come previous sooner or later - simple test put a few links up were you can get spares for there older blue lines or black lines that aint that old,,,,,no ones knocking them but for $4000+ inc engine i want a couple good years out of it,,that link i posted above to rossendales limited availability stock is prob from one of the worlds biggest mcd distribution and it seems that they are only selling what they have left in there stock & not what they can get from mcd in turkey

edit: bryan largescale rc stated above mcd expect them to shift a certain amount ea month to make it worth there while,what happens if they dont shift that amount what happens then?,,,so mcd are saying you must sell a certain amount for us to keep supplying?,again not knocking them - think there one of the best looking 4x4 buggys,trucks,baja on the market + seem quality parts

>put links here<

mike_humphreys 03-04-2007 06:00 AM

Hey Bryan you're wasting your time dude, Information offered on this site is 9 out of 10 times ignored because some people are too stupid to listen. People are only happy when they're slagging others off or saying "iWhat pipe should I get" or What shinny bits of craps should I buy" then ignor what you say. So Bryan stay on the site and just weed out the genuine basher and racers that need some advice and help who you can.

Mike

ScooterTrash 03-04-2007 06:26 AM

All this [sm=cry_smile.gif] & I thought there were grown Men on this site. No wonder I started going to the other One![sm=idea.gif]

Hutch-e-bee 03-04-2007 07:12 AM

ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad
bryan largescale rc stated above mcd expect them to shift a certain amount ea month to make it worth there while,what happens if they dont shift that amount what happens then
But surely the majority of businesses operate like this? If I had a business and it wasnt financially viable co continue doing something then I would stop doing it. Otherwise you end up with other areas of the business subsidising the loss making sector. It may not be good news for us MCD owners, but ultimately Sinan is a businessman.

No Moa 03-04-2007 12:04 PM

ORIGINAL: ScooterTrash

All this [sm=cry_smile.gif] & I thought there were grown Men on this site. No wonder I started going to the other One![sm=idea.gif]

Yup, me too.

Funny thing is any of the largescale builders could fall off the end of the earth at anytime.... Look at Bergonzoni. Everyone complains you can't get parts, i have had NO problams getting them, sometimes you might have to pay more, but this is not a baby sport. And unless MCD goes completely **** up,and i can't get ANY PARTS IN THE WORLD, i wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

2 deep 03-04-2007 12:48 PM

Hi guy's come on lets keep things in perspective here, its just a car and a good one at that. what if maybe don't worry if they go down just buy the next best thing out there like we always do. I tell you this i am not going to let any one spoil my fun and nor should you.:D

whizzy 03-04-2007 01:11 PM

i wasnt mocking mcd for what they have produced it is a good piece of kit as i did and do want one but im worried about the spares availability and the aftercare service and bryan may i also say something u have had brilliant customer care from troy at largescale rc not from mcd as troy probably done all the talking on the fone just like i get brilliant customer care from stan at rapid racing and from paul at effective tuning and that doesnt come from their suppliers it comes from themselves
and i wasnt saying that fg or carson or whoever realeases 4wd are going to be better than mcd but i think it will open up the choices available and also give mcd some competition with regards to the 4wd models and i also agree that a belt driven 4wd doesnt sound a good idea but we have also been lead to believe that fg is shaft driven and that is what has taken them so long to do it as they were looking at also belt and chain driven but yet again no one will know untill it comes out and yes new releases by fg are like waiting on hell to freeze over
as for what i want id love an mcd pro truck but i also want to see what the competition bring out be it fg,carson,hpi,lauterbacher,hormann etc

radio_controlled_mad 03-04-2007 01:22 PM

no one was mocking mcd - poeple need to chill.the name of the thread is "mcd as a company" not mcd versus what ever,like i said there the best looking production ls at the moment,but reading posts from 2 DEALERS in this thread,one has dumped mcd & the other has said they have to sell a certain amount,if i went into and model shop and the guy said i sell you this for £2000 rtr but i can only guarentee parts on how much i sell then i wouldnt bother,one of the reasons i passed on the mt 2 months ago coupled with the fact they dont support there (not so) older models even tho there still in buisness

original.mb 03-04-2007 02:03 PM

no probs in the u.k or europe in sourcing any mcd kits or the parts/hopups available;)