RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   NEW INTEGY PARTS FOR BAJA 5B (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/6690644-new-integy-parts-baja-5b.html)

hndaman1 11-29-2007 01:27 PM

NEW INTEGY PARTS FOR BAJA 5B

Integy Came out with some cool parts for the BAJA 5B ..Take a look see

http://www.integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.c...16107085849.03

I already bought the silver Alloy bell crank kit and it is pretty beef setup.... It took about 15 mins total too add the kit ,I also added my 1/5 scale-racing (Abec5) rated bearings to the kit as well.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...h/100_0061.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...h/100_0060.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...h/100_0063.jpg

cenracer1 11-29-2007 02:31 PM

RE: NEW INTEGY PARTS FOR BAJA 5B

Those are very nice, I may have to get a set myself.. should eliminate alot of the slop in the steeering.. I also like the front and rear towers.. thanks for the heads up....

avgas 11-29-2007 02:39 PM

:D I'll stop doing mine now...lol
will be placing an order.
Steve

FastEddy 11-29-2007 03:08 PM

Im going to keep an open mind on the large scale Integy parts.
Time will tell the quality. In the past any ALLOY Integy parts over 1/18th scale haven't faired out well for me.

Let us know in about 3-4 months of running how your parts are holding up.

brice_arnold 11-29-2007 03:28 PM

Parts look nice. I have two questions.

1. Are there bearings, bushings, or nothing in the cross link?

2. Did they improve the angle of the steering linkage between the servo arm and the servo saver. Ideally the linkage should be parallel to the bottom of the chassis when the servo arm is in the neutral position.

Also, I have noticed that most of the steering slop in not necessarily form this assembly but from the plastic ball links. They tend to grow over time such that there is slop between the plastic ball link and the steel ball.

hathi 11-29-2007 04:10 PM

Wow, I'll be getting one of these!
I've heard several people bash these parts! I say dont judge a book by its cover, are they bash worthy? are they race worthy? Time will tell!
I've also heard that there spur and pinion look like quality parts, time will also tell!

cenracer1 11-29-2007 04:30 PM

looking at the pics the setup appears to be the same as stock.. I have not had any issues with the integy parts I have on my cars.... I would be getting this more for show as the stock steering is working fine.. Brice, I will check the links as they are original to the Baja and probably worn out... thanks

hndaman1 11-29-2007 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: brice_arnold

Parts look nice. I have two questions.

1. Are there bearings, bushings, or nothing in the cross link?

2. Did they improve the angle of the steering linkage between the servo arm and the servo saver. Ideally the linkage should be parallel to the bottom of the chassis when the servo arm is in the neutral position.

Also, I have noticed that most of the steering slop in not necessarily form this assembly but from the plastic ball links. They tend to grow over time such that there is slop between the plastic ball link and the steel ball.

the kit come with new brass bushings in the cross-link.....for all other questions about steering angles etc CONTACT THE INTEGY REP..... I'am a not rep I'am just a customer....[8D]

cenracer1 11-29-2007 07:19 PM

Hndaman.. Have you looked at the new rear shock braces.. these look like they would solve the warping issue you had a while back and I have on my baja..

FastEddy 11-29-2007 08:12 PM

I have had a pinion and spur setup for a few weeks now.
They are good quality and much lighter then the other metal gears on the market.
Integy has some good stuff but my personal experience has been that their aluminum blows.

hndaman1 11-30-2007 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: cenracer1

Hndaman.. Have you looked at the new rear shock braces.. these look like they would solve the warping issue you had a while back and I have on my baja..

I did last night and they are now on order....I will give them a try;);) I will post some pics when they come....

cenracer1 11-30-2007 06:34 PM

Good, can't wait to see them.. that is the part I am most interested in...

jatoracing33 11-30-2007 06:39 PM

hmmm...ive heard that all integy products suck...there was a big thread sayin how much they suck a while back...not sure how the large scale parts are, but if they are like the reg. scale parts, then they will be a big waste of money

hndaman1 11-30-2007 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

hmmm...ive heard that all integy products suck...there was a big thread sayin how much they suck a while back...not sure how the large scale parts are, but if they are like the reg. scale parts, then they will be a big waste of money

Can you point me too this thread Here in the 1/5 scale section?

hndaman1 11-30-2007 07:52 PM

Can you point me too this thread Here in the 1/5 scale section? CEn I will keep you posted on when the parts come

ttoks 11-30-2007 08:59 PM

if there large scale parts are made of the same alloy they use for there 1:8th scale it will be soft and bend easily, maybe they will hold up but they haven't made a very good name for them self in the RC industry with there smaller scale parts so far.

Dave ESPI 11-30-2007 09:38 PM

Metal cranks ar nice, but I'd rather let a plastic part snap here than risk ruining my servos or stripping teeth.

I ran 10th scale off road a few years ago, and as much as I dislike actual badmouthing part companies, I am on the Integy bandwagon of "teh suk" .

I think there still is a few parts stomped in the ground at a local track when they kept binding up on me in the woopty doos and hairpin chircane turn off the kicker hill.......... would just lock the wheels up and put me right into the wall every damn time. I replaced it with the stock plastic crank and it never failed me again.

Hopefully the large scale stuff is better, but from the look of the metal finish and reletive "thin" sizes of those crank parts, ther is no way they will end up on my SS..... I'll destroy them in .0002 seconds for sure.

jatoracing33 11-30-2007 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

Can you point me too this thread Here in the 1/5 scale section? CEn I will keep you posted on when the parts come

sorry...it was in the car general discussion forum

vertigo performance 11-30-2007 09:51 PM

Looks good Hnda, keep us up to date.

screamin chicken 12-01-2007 08:38 AM

I see alot of people bashing Integy I don't see why I have had good luck with all of my stuff from them. I have all Integy arms, bumpers, skids on my Revo, and my LST and they are great.

Foxy 12-01-2007 08:49 AM

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_62...tm.htm#6216462

Integy themselves have even accepted some comments and posted responses. There's no question they had some 'issues' in the past, but lets keep the bashing based on experience, not rumours.

csp1971 12-02-2007 12:45 AM

That thread just further reinforces why I will never purchase their products.

badz 12-02-2007 04:58 AM

I've run some Integy parts on my tmaxx and they held up pretty well. All alloy parts can fail, Integy doesn't use any different aluminum than anyone else making parts, they mass make parts so the cost is lower, which after all is what everyone looks at, they also can supply LHS's which most individual parts makers cannot.

hndaman1 12-06-2007 07:03 PM

Well I added some Integy parts too my BAJA today:D I ordered up the rear shock tower braces

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...h/100_0067.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...h/100_0068.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1...h/100_0069.jpg

brice_arnold 12-06-2007 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: badz

I've run some Integy parts on my tmaxx and they held up pretty well. All alloy parts can fail, Integy doesn't use any different aluminum than anyone else making parts, they mass make parts so the cost is lower, which after all is what everyone looks at, they also can supply LHS's which most individual parts makers cannot.
You couldn't be further from the truth on this one guy.

Most parts for this car made in the US are going to be from 6061-T6 or 7075-T6. Myself, I use 6061.

If these manufactures are having their stuff done in China, then it's fair game on what the material is. More than likely it's going to be pot metal (recycled aluminum cans, etc. . .). What this means is that you are machining parts from a non-homogeneous material with poor grain structure. This results in poor quality parts that are usually very brittle with virtually no yield.

These import parts that are hitting the market are already starting to fail. And they haven't even been around that long! I have heard of the front shock towers cracking in half. To give an example I have been making front shock towers for over 18 months now for this car. I have shipped hundreds world wide. I have only replaced two of them since I released them because they bent (not fractured).

If you need further proof I can show some RC4WD parts that have also fractured because of the material composition.