RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Hobbypro Mutilator is bad news ! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/7410131-hobbypro-mutilator-bad-news.html)

rajvirdee 04-23-2008 01:54 PM

Hobbypro Mutilator is bad news !

Hi

Not normally one to post negative feedback of stuff, however I felt compelled to write this.

Just a bit of background info - I have had the Losi LST2, Traxxas Jato, Schumacher Menace and Havoc. Its fair to say I'm reasonably experienced with RC cars.

I don't bash and don't race.

We ordered 2 of the Hobbypro Mutilator 1/6 scale 23CC petrol buggys and had the following problems:

1) The primer bulb on the engine was split on one car. Ok oversight

2) Several screws were VERY loose. Ok it happens

3) Whilst running one car on Grass, the car suddenly lost all power - the Diff gave up within literally 5 mins of use. (I wasn't doing doughnuts!) Not good

3) We swapped the primer bulb to the other car and within 10 minutes the Diff gave up on this car as well. This was different and the rear cog was loose and there were screws stuck in the mechanism. The screws must have come loose. Not Happy

4) With this car when turning full right the power cut and I was getting serious glitching. What !!!

5) One of the bodyshells would not fit the bodyposts. ...

I wanted to get the HPI Baja but got tempted by the price.

Question is do you think I should be entitled to a full refund or exchange to the HPI Baja?

Thanks

reaganreagan 04-23-2008 02:39 PM

RE: Hobbypro Mutilator is bad news !

yeah that is something to be upset about and you should give them a call and see what they say. Aleast they should replace the parts. Sometimes it does not hurt to call.

r2

hellya 04-23-2008 02:41 PM

that sucks....did you take the diff apart to make sure thats the problem...and its not your wheel nuts or your gear mesh

Do you have any pictures??

clubin 04-23-2008 03:26 PM

I would say you don't have any LS experience, and you do get what you pay for. Time to upgrade the Mutilator just a little, fix what breaks with aftermarket upgrades and keep going. That seems like a little too much to go wrong with 2 brand new LS RC's.

I bet they'll tell you "you bought it you got it"

Driving a LS is just a little different than driving a 1/8th scale.

Too bad your first experience was a bad one.

Gasboatman 04-23-2008 06:14 PM

Call them and see what they say. Maybe you can get some money back

Bratch96 04-24-2008 03:56 AM

That's why it's a hobby. Time to get your hands dirty.:D

mikeinoz 04-26-2008 07:32 AM

You get what you pay for in LS.

thesharkfactor 04-26-2008 03:36 PM

its a bit like saying "i bought a fake rolex and the hands fell off".

these copy cars are the same..obviuosly, there is very little quality control going on these factories.
ive read many stories just like yours...perhaps your comments will help steer folks away from these cowboys and thier counterfeits.

i hope you manage to get something sorted...

and a word to all those who are thinkng about buying one of the clones..dont!..the same money is far better invested in a used FG, hpi or mcd.