RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Wrc Impreza projekt (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/8152836-wrc-impreza-projekt.html)

C.lyra 11-16-2008 11:25 AM

Wrc Impreza projekt

1 Attachment(s)
i am just starting a WRC Impreza projekt, build as a 1:1 scale car. It will have Mcpherson struts suspension front and rear, drive train from my Mcd rally car. I was going for a O.s. 320 FF 4 cyl. boxer engine to start with placed at the front, but now i am using my 260rc engine, and in the org. place.
Some pics.......... more will com....
And please give me tips......

sheograth 11-16-2008 12:12 PM

RE: Wrc Impreza projekt

Looks great, this is going to be one build to follow.

loppol60 11-23-2008 02:03 AM

hey nice work till now..keeep updating us with pics as u go along thanks. ohh i nearly forgot... can u send me some more pics of the vhassis on [email protected] 10x

drewcrew6 12-07-2008 02:33 PM

did this build come to a halt or no updates?

Drewcrew6

C.lyra 12-07-2008 02:50 PM

Hey, there is no updates because i have been restoring my house the last few weeks........ i will soon( i hope) be building on the car....

SAVAGEJIM 12-07-2008 03:02 PM

No poblem, but when you get to it agin, please continue to keep us all in the loop.

BTW, great job in fabricating the chassis

C.lyra 12-07-2008 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

No poblem, but when you get to it agin, please continue to keep us all in the loop.

BTW, great job in fabricating the chassis
Thanks a lot, and i will keep your informed......

wyattroa 12-07-2008 03:33 PM

im interested as well seeing that i drive a 08 impreza sti..lol
robert

C.lyra 12-08-2008 04:19 AM

ORIGINAL: wyattroa

im interested as well seeing that i drive a 08 impreza sti..lol
robert
Wow, please send pics....... I am still dreaming......

Giorgos_cupra 12-08-2008 06:01 AM

Nice project!I'm looking forward for updates....I'm very interested to see the suspension work!Also,don't use a nitro engine...Too much hassle.You are better of with the zen.

C.lyra 12-08-2008 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Giorgos_cupra

Nice project!I'm looking forward for updates....I'm very interested to see the suspension work!Also,don't use a nitro engine...Too much hassle.You are better of with the zen.
Thanks a lot, i have a few ideas about the suspension..... The rear upright from the MCD, turned upside down, a homemade shock, but i am still in desig mode......
The engine i started with is the O.S. 320 FF Pegasus, 4 cyl. 4 stroke boxer. It has a sweeeeeet sound,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA5AhhvlkUM
And you are right about the hassle...... and again my budget is not suited for this engine....

Lars from Norway 12-08-2008 02:21 PM

Den lyder da bare superfedt!;)

This would have been the perfect engine for your car soundwise,but what about the torque?Does it have enough?Ask Martin at FG Hobby in Middelfart if he have a cheap engine for you,i have ordered from him many times,even been there last summer,very nice guy.

Looking forward to see more updates on your project,i just love this scratch built cars.

C.lyra 12-08-2008 03:03 PM

Ja, den lyder rigtig fedt.....
I know Martin, he is my hobby pusher #1, cool guy...... i have a 28,5 ccm Zenoah.....
The O.S. engine have about 4 hp, but i don´t know about the torque....

Lars from Norway 12-08-2008 03:54 PM

Ok,so you already have the Zenoah but want this O.S. engine?As it is about 54 ccm displacement and a boxer construction i guess it will have a good amount of torque.You will have to design some kind of clutch for it,it has max rpm on 8.500,this is about where the clutch engage on a Zenoah engine,hehe.All that aside,it will look very scale as it is to be used in a Subaru;)

I didnt have problems using money at Martins shop,i just stood there drooling on his floor and looking at all the parts on the walls:D

C.lyra 12-09-2008 02:12 PM

I started the projekt as a full scale model of the Impreza, but when i found out how much the O.S. engine costs( 11000,- dkr, that is about 1500 Euros) i went with the zenoah....
I never been to Martins shop, if i ever get there, i need to have a lot of money with me......:D

Lars from Norway 12-09-2008 04:58 PM

You certainly have to!I ended up with a bit more than i was going to buy:DHe has a dangerous shop,hehe.

Nutech GmbH 12-10-2008 09:36 AM

Nice project.

Dave ESPI 12-10-2008 09:41 PM

May want to take a look at 1/4scale Berettas website. He has a bunch of scratch built stuff like this that may help you.

quarterscaleberetta.com

C.lyra 12-11-2008 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

May want to take a look at 1/4scale Berettas website. He has a bunch of scratch built stuff like this that may help you.

quarterscaleberetta.com
Thanks, But i can´t see his webside.... i will try again later

T I G 12-11-2008 05:48 PM

Can you post some close up shots of your chassis?
What is the chassis made of?
Lookin good.

C.lyra 12-12-2008 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The chassis is made from 10x10mm tube, i am playing a little with the idea of making the chassis in carbon fiber?????
insted of the sheet metal...

T I G 12-12-2008 09:22 PM

Thats awesome, love the jig. Thats just like a full scale jig.
CF, very nice. I like that idea. Cut the wieght down dramatically and still be very strong. I say go for it :).

You should check out selectproducts. com they have tons of different products for forming and molding, like kitty hair as well as many different fiberglass applications. I'm pretty sure they have CF to.
Good Luck, keep us posted.
Lookin forward to this build.

C.lyra 12-13-2008 04:43 PM

Hey TIG, i was looking around at selectproducts. com, and there is a lot of cool stuff. One of the guys at work has been making a lot of work with fiberglas and carbon fiber, and he will help with it....

And thanks for the feed back on my jig and my projekt...
You guys will be the first too get updates:D but i am still working on my house(the wife is on my back to be finnished, it is not as hard as it sounds:D)

C.lyra 12-17-2008 04:25 PM

Hi guys, just a quick update on my projekt, i been making some parts for the uprights, so i can mount the link arms.
I also have been doing some work on the body.
Pictures are on the way...

C.lyra 12-29-2008 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hey, updates: i just ordered the rims from the cleon and the tires and today plus some axel boots.... can´t wait to they get here...
i haven´t had time for more work the car, so no news there...