RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   Shenqqi Diff (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/9125423-shenqqi-diff.html)

delboy630 09-26-2009 11:39 AM

Shenqqi Diff

One of the bevel gears on the Shenqqi Diff stripped. Stripped down the diff gear box and one of the larger bevel gears which the rear hub connects to is stripped, does the HPI bevel gears fit the rear drive hub? Read somewhere that both the KM and Shenqqi Bajas rear hubs have a slightly larger dia than the HPI ones and that this was due to copyright laws i.e there needed to be 10% difference between the original and th clone, so KM and TQ opted to make the change in the drivetrain. So is it a case that I will need to get a whole new diff or just the bevel gears?

Lookforward to the responses.

dc2 man 09-26-2009 11:55 AM

RE: Shenqqi Diff

do you want a tip from me.

FG DIFF ALLOY COMPLETE........end of story.......

just after spotting that its a baja,but an fg one could be modified to fit.

slawhammer 09-26-2009 12:20 PM

Use diff gear set from Duratrac.....Firehammer...they are the same as what you have now.....only better gears....The cost is like$39.95 USD......
You can go FG rear diff....but you also have to use different inner & outer drive cups.....as well.....repairs for the internal Fg diff is very costly......
That is my suggestion on using the Duratrac diff gears...........Slawhammer

TACTICAL_RASTA 09-26-2009 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: delboy630

One of the bevel gears on the Shenqqi Diff stripped. Stripped down the diff gear box and one of the larger bevel gears which the rear hub connects to is stripped, does the HPI bevel gears fit the rear drive hub? Read somewhere that both the KM and Shenqqi Bajas rear hubs have a slightly larger dia than the HPI ones and that this was due to copyright laws i.e there needed to be 10% difference between the original and th clone, so KM and TQ opted to make the change in the drivetrain. So is it a case that I will need to get a whole new diff or just the bevel gears?

*** is everyone talking about?
just upgrade to the hpi baja ss diff for easy replacement, why bother trying to modify an fg diff when there are far better suited diffs available for the baja made by hpi?

checkebay for a complete ss diffthey are around $50 or so and far more durable than the standard shenqqi diff!

delboy630 09-26-2009 01:36 PM

Thanks for the replies, I will be getting the whole HPI diff., just makes sense really.

Delboy

csp1971 09-26-2009 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: TACTICAL_RASTA

ORIGINAL: delboy630

*** is everyone talking about?
just upgrade to the hpi baja ss diff for easy replacement, why bother trying to modify an fg diff when there are far better suited diffs available for the baja made by hpi?

check ebay for a complete ss diff they are around $50 or so and far more durable than the standard shenqqi diff!

Well sport, some are not aware that Shengqi makes HPI Baja clones, so it sounded like he might have been talking an FG Baja.

borley1863 09-27-2009 09:50 AM

Agreed buy a ss diff off of ebay that`s what`s in mine, pretty bullet proof.
Guy

darren4377 01-12-2014 07:01 AM

Hello guys im in the same boat diff is totalled and ive been told i can only use a ******** replacement diff gear set as hpi stuff wont fit has anybody had 100% success using hpi on a shengqi baja and feed back would be appreciated .

ratpower396 01-12-2014 05:16 PM

baja ss diff will work just fine and if you have the money upgrade to an aluminum clutch carrier because the clutch bearings will heat up sooner or later and a spur gear meltdown will happen..