RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   steel roll cage from Integy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/9140776-steel-roll-cage-integy.html)

hndaman1 10-02-2009 07:36 AM

steel roll cage from Integy

wow this is pretty cool looking and the price is not bad either..

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...92&p_catid=126

borley1863 10-02-2009 07:58 AM

RE: steel roll cage from Integy

That is a very good price probably cost about £80 is=f sold over here
Guy

46u 10-02-2009 08:53 AM

I will not buy anything Integy been screwed too many times by them in pass years. [:@]

hndaman1 10-02-2009 08:53 AM

I would like to see more pics of it myself on a car though..

hndaman1 10-02-2009 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: 46u

I will not buy anything Integy been screwed too many times by them in pass years. [:@]

then do not..no one is telling you to are they?so move on..[sm=wink_smile.gif]

RickyIS300 10-02-2009 08:57 PM

+1 HBF part pushers are like bugs

Wicked!! 10-02-2009 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: 46u

Hey man right there with ya.

Integy crap would never even come close to my baja. Why ruin a wicked buggy with cheap junk like that.

SAVAGEJIM 10-02-2009 10:22 PM

I must say, why is this being showcased?
Everyone knows how volatile the mere mention of Integy is, and there are people from both sides who will chime in.
And both sides do have a right to express, but seriously, I really believe this thread should not have been started.

If you like Integy, take comfort in how well it has served you and how it functions good for you, your RC, and your purposes. But my personal opinion on this is since there are very strong haters and also lovers of Integy and a storm can erupt, you can love your Integy gear without putting it out to become a powder keg.

This is just my thought on the issue.

And as I have said in many other Integy threads, I myself have used Integy stuff, and to this day I still have some Integy stuff that I use now.

hndaman1 10-02-2009 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I must say, why is this being showcased?
Everyone knows how volatile the mere mention of Integy is, and there are people from both sides who will chime in.
And both sides do have a right to express, but seriously, I really believe this thread should not have been started.

If you like Integy, take comfort in how well it has served you and how it functions good for you, your RC, and your purposes. But my personal opinion on this is since there are very strong haters and also lovers of Integy and a storm can erupt, you can love your Integy gear without putting it out to become a powder keg.

This is just my thought on the issue.

And as I have said in many other Integy threads, I myself have used Integy stuff, and to this day I still have some Integy stuff that I use now.

why is is being showcased? why not? I thought it was a cool item that was coming out.why do people post parts coming out from other co's?same reason correct?I think it is a great looking pc..I would liek to see some more pics of it on a car though mounted up..

here is a pic I found of the front of the cage, it has a wire mesh window..

SAVAGEJIM 10-02-2009 10:52 PM

No doubt that Integy makes some nice looking parts. And yes, people talk about other parts and gear form other companies too.

But that is not my point. My point is knowing how certain things can be a sore subject, I just think it is not a good thing to bring them up. Thans all.

Foxy 10-03-2009 05:30 AM

Yep, and this is looking like it'll be locked in very short order... I was going to lock it now, but I changed my mind and decided to tidy up instead and see where it goes. However, in the future, any Integy parts thread that starts with anyone saying they're crap and continues with anyone else telling them to shut up will be locked immediately. This thread is going to be a benchmark. IF you guys can agree to disagree, then we will see what happens going forward.

It's really simple guys... Manufacturer bashing is saying something sucks without providing an explanation based on personal experience (I'm well aware of 46u's personal experience of Integy parts and he is entitled to his opinion). Furthermore, he had this opinion before HBF even existed, so I'm not sure what that following comment was about (now deleted). Hndaman, you do not work for Integy, so why are you defending them? Let people say what they like, without telling them to move on...If they're bashing, report the posts. It's this kind of response that starts the flaming and gets threads closed. If you make apost on a public forum, the public will post, there's nothing you or I can do about that if they keep it within the rules. If you want to be a mod, apply. ;)

I'll be watching this one.

hndaman1 10-03-2009 07:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Yep, and this is looking like it'll be locked in very short order... I was going to lock it now, but I changed my mind and decided to tidy up instead and see where it goes. However, in the future, any Integy parts thread that starts with anyone saying they're crap and continues with anyone else telling them to shut up will be locked immediately. This thread is going to be a benchmark. IF you guys can agree to disagree, then we will see what happens going forward.

It's really simple guys... Manufacturer bashing is saying something sucks without providing an explanation based on personal experience (I'm well aware of 46u's personal experience of Integy parts and he is entitled to his opinion). Furthermore, he had this opinion before HBF even existed, so I'm not sure what that following comment was about (now deleted). Hndaman, you do not work for Integy, so why are you defending them? Let people say what they like, without telling them to move on...If they're bashing, report the posts. It's this kind of response that starts the flaming and gets threads closed. If you make apost on a public forum, the public will post, there's nothing you or I can do about that if they keep it within the rules. If you want to be a mod, apply. ;)

no I do not work for them, but I know their parts are working on my car, and I have not broken anything to date since I installed them.. and their is alot os Mudslinging going around just to make sales for friends on other forums..

Foxy 10-03-2009 07:37 AM

ORIGINAL: hndaman1

no I do not work for them, but I know their parts are working on my car, and I have not broken anything to date since I installed them.. and their is alot os Mudslinging going around just to make sales for friends on other forums..
Yeh, and I know it's annoying, but people are entitled to express an opinion, provided they back it up with reasonable evidence of experience.

hndaman1 10-03-2009 08:49 AM

Yeh, and I know it's annoying, but people are entitled to express an opinion, provided they back it up with reasonable evidence of experience.
I have/had Integy parts on my baja for well over a yr and no broken/bents parts yet to date..that is my experience with the Integy BAJA parts.. and I have other Integy parts on some of my other rc's as well, and they are still going strong..;)

frumpy 10-03-2009 09:07 AM

ORIGINAL:Hndaman, you do not work for Integy, so why are you defending them?

ROFLMAO:):)

SAVAGEJIM 10-03-2009 11:41 AM

I have/had Integy parts on my baja for well over a yr and no broken/bents parts yet to date..that is my experience with the Integy BAJA parts.. and I have other Integy parts on some of my other rc's as well, and they are still going strong..;)

In attempt to temper this, allow me to say the following:

I too have had Integy stuff for a long time. And not just well over one year, The stuff I still have are over several years old, I think since nearly 4yrs ago, and they still work good for me to this day.

You have been bombarded with BS about Integy, some are exaggerations, and others utter lies (the classic jerks who never had anything Integy before), but just because you have been shoveled BS does not erase the fact that that there are people have legitimate problems with their Integy gear. Do recognize that those people have a right to express, just like Foxy said.

Also I do notice that there are just as many Integy lovers who will shovel their own BS and say EVERYTHING Integy is superior and never breaks; a bandwagoning and fanboy-ism of their own as they blindly defend Integy parts they themselves have never owned and know absolutely nothing about. And I have seen this kind of thing here in RCU too.

Now, I am not accusing you of exaggerating or lying about how great Integy is, I am just trying to say that BS is also shoveled by the lovers as well.

dc2 man 10-03-2009 01:43 PM

my opinion

i just saw integy a few times and there piggy back shocks look awesome,i have never had a single product from them but they sure look good.

also i like the look of some of there anodised parts, i think they couldbe fairly good products.

but i cant say as i never had any dealings with them.
<span class="info"> </span>

splcrazy 10-03-2009 04:07 PM

it looks like its made out of plastic, i still remember when a rollcage for the 5b cost $200 now various company's are competing and the price for a roll cage is now dropping alot, but i dunno i want to get a roll cage but i still want to keep using my billet roof scoops and billet spark plug covers that i paid alot of money for ,i think i cant install those anymore if i get a steel rollcage i personally really like this one here http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.6617/.f

IloveMYxt2 10-03-2009 07:26 PM

Who cares what Integy does. I personally dont like copy cats but look every people. Cars, houses, appliances, couches, trash bags, underwear, fart machines, gummy bears, and even fish oil are all copied from each other. This is what companies do and make money. Why do you think all these Japanese cars look like a Benz? Lexus jocking Benz, etc.

Now Integy makes some decent stuff for a decent price. I am not rich, so when I see shock towers from Integy for 25 bucks compared to 60 bucks, guess which one I am picking?

Its just the way the world runs, now get over it and go outside and BASH!!!!!:D

RickyIS300 10-03-2009 08:25 PM

I have many different Integy parts on my trucks, no problem whatsoever. Maybe their parts won't last forever but they hold up just fine and I bash my rc hard enough. Foxy, it's good to have moderator around so threads don't go out of control we all understand how free speech works. You see the same individuals popup and bash the co., it's annoying and makes value of a forum with useful information deteriorate.

splcrazy 10-03-2009 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

Who cares what Integy does. I personally dont like copy cats but look every people. Cars, houses, appliances, couches, trash bags, underwear, fart machines, gummy bears, and even fish oil are all copied from each other. This is what companies do and make money. Why do you think all these Japanese cars look like a Benz? Lexus jocking Benz, etc.

Now Integy makes some decent stuff for a decent price. I am not rich, so when I see shock towers from Integy for 25 bucks compared to 60 bucks, guess which one I am picking?

yeah i know i'll buy the ones that cost 60 bucks lol

RickyIS300 10-03-2009 09:24 PM

+1 for sure I'll get one for my Baja. Integy has always been good to me. ;)

IloveMYxt2 10-04-2009 12:51 AM

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

yeah i know i'll buy the ones that cost 60 bucks lol
Well I am glad you have the money for that. Most of us dont have extra cash to spend on a toy.

SAVAGEJIM 10-04-2009 02:31 AM

Well I am glad you have the money for that. Most of us dont have extra cash to spend on a toy.
Most of us who do buy the $150 or even $200 items dont have much cash either. I guarantee that most of us are in the very same boat you are. But we overcome this by saving up instead of giving in to temptation and buying the cheaper now.
So not having much money in most cases can be overcome. I knew a guy who saved for nearly 2 years so he can buy a 5B. He was young at the time, and his parents made him work and save for his RC. I remember he saved up about $600 in one summer by getting a job at a Burgerking or Wendys (I cannot remember which) and also doing odd jobs during the weekends such as mowing lawns, washing neighbors' cars, etc. (He was kicking himself in the ass hard because he realized he could have saved up money much more quickly rather than relying on his parent's allowances.)

And as with any RC, he also wanted to upgrade it after running it for a couple of months. So, again, he went to saving up. At the time Integy didnt have upgrades for 5B RCs because they were out less than a couple of years. So whatever was out at the time was only the industry grade hop-ups and not the cheaper alternatives. He saved up for those.

I know the feeling: The feeling that you cant afford the better stuff because its more expensive. For example, I want a Elcon Cleon racing buggy, but that costs like $3000 USD to buy the kit. But I am not letting that stop me, I decided last year that I was going to save up for one. And so far, I am about halfway there.
My point is it can be done.

splcrazy 10-04-2009 04:54 AM

yeah and as soon as we save up that couple of grand its quickly gone and spent at DDM on a couple orders and you soon realise that your broke again , i spend nearly evertime minimum $600 to $800 at DDM on 5b parts , its like a drug addiction for RC goods, well at least its not drugs , but hell yeah it feels pretty rotten to be broke most of the time because of this rc addiction but its good fun , and i work damn hard as a tig welder all day everyday to earn my money to pay for my hobby