RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Giant Scale Cars (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/)
-   -   SY Racing 4WD Reverse :-) Picture Heavy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-giant-scale-cars-234/9338990-sy-racing-4wd-reverse-picture-heavy.html)

nutechracingusa 12-17-2009 04:24 PM

SY Racing 4WD Reverse :-) Picture Heavy

13 Attachment(s)
I just took on some samples of the SY Racing 4WD MT so far I am very impressed with everything I havent ran it yet but as I do I will keep posting on here, for now I have some pictures right out of the box, these come with the 26cc CY engines and 2.4 Radio.

Attachment 2238253
Attachment 2238254
Attachment 2238255
Attachment 2238256
Attachment 2238257
Attachment 2238258
Attachment 2238259

Reverse System
Attachment 2238260
Attachment 2238261

Steel Gears Stock
Attachment 2238262
Attachment 2238263
Attachment 2238264
Attachment 2238265

I should have some video up soon its 10 degrees right now with below zero wind chills so this should be a good test for it :D

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

Lars from Norway 12-17-2009 04:40 PM

RE: SY Racing 4WD Reverse :-) Picture Heavy

Is the "empty" servo some part of the trigger for the reverse?
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k55/Sticky_010/20.jpg

nutechracingusa 12-17-2009 05:37 PM

Yes the 3rd servo is for the reverse, you activate it from the transmitter and the servo arm pushes the reverse button and when you want to go back forward you just hit the button again from what I can see as I haven't ran it yet, or you might need to hold it in for reverse and once you let off it goes back in to forward, I will know more once I get a chance to run it :D. As far as I know these are not clones as I haven't seen anything like this yet with reverse and 4wd so I am pretty excited, the buggy I haven't been able to find anything that looks like it either so as far as I know these are SY Racing models and not clones, now I am not an expert on all of the Gas RC models out on the market but from what I can see these are unique and something different. I am really impressed with the size and thickness of all the plastics and control arms twice as thick as the FS product and the bodies are almost twice as thick as the FS bodies :D.

I will have more info as soon as I run it along with some video but from what I can see so far these will be superior to the FS that I have dealt with.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

Soloratov 12-17-2009 06:26 PM

Looks like it's built quite well. Thats the one thing I was hoping for as well, I like the idea of reverse, kind of important to me, with something in the large scale size. The body and rims are a bit ugly for my taste, otherwise inside it looks really nice.

nutechracingusa 12-17-2009 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Soloratov

Looks like it's built quite well. Thats the one thing I was hoping for as well, I like the idea of reverse, kind of important to me, with something in the large scale size. The body and rims are a bit ugly for my taste, otherwise inside it looks really nice.

Bodies and wheels are a pretty small part of these as there are so many aftermarket ones available and I do plan on bringing these in with clear bodies but the thickness of these bodies are insane, thicker then anything I have seen even compared it to my friends Baja 5T so I would assume these will take roll overs quite well without cracking :-), they were suppose to be the white wheels as well but to me those are pretty small as the business end of these trucks are awesome, aluminum servo tray, push pull for the steering which is how alot of large scale airplanes are for the rudders way more precise, steel gears, reverse hahaha ill stop there I don't want to rant and rave I haven't had a chance to run it and see it all work together but so far I am pretty impressed with the quality, fit and finish ect only time will tell now but I do believe the SY factory has something here:D.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

Soloratov 12-17-2009 07:44 PM

Sounds like a winner. Need............video.........

EngageRC 12-18-2009 01:39 AM

yeah... our shipment just arrived... got them instock now!

nutechracingusa 12-18-2009 05:21 PM

Sure glad I didnt take on a container load yet lol [:@] got my first 1/2 tank through and melted the front differential box, back to the drawing board and see what we cant come up with from the factory but I will not import and distribute these until I feel they are up to par, I just hope the factory is willing to make some changes and acknowledge the issue, rear differential is fine I don't know if the plastic differential box failed or if the inner bearing gernaded first and then took the box out, I am sending the pictures back to the factory and see what we can get done, I really like this truck and the reverse is hands down the best lol, I had it plowed into a huge snow bank all the way at the end of our parking lot anything else and I would have had to walk all the way across the parking lot to turn it around but with the reverse I just pushed the switch and it hold the servo arm against the actuator and when you want to go back forward just push the button on the transmitter again and the servo arms goes back to neutral :-) dam thing goes just as fast in reverse as it does in forward lol very cool feature just need to work out the bugs.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/8-1.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/7-2.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/6-4.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/4-5.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/3-7.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/2-5.jpg

I will report back once I hear from the factory!!!

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

dc2 man 12-18-2009 05:33 PM

man i like the reverse feature also but on my nitros all of them it was a real pain to keep running.

maybe this features a better system,i would like to see how it holds up.

i wouldnt be too hard on the car over the diff breking this could be an assembly glitch you may have just got one bad one out of a bundle.

it looks strong too,the diff gears look good.

let us know how you get on.

Obeast44 12-18-2009 05:50 PM

Looks like a bearing failure to me, their bearing supplier mightve had a bad day :)

The differential gears look good and im realling liking the removable cups on the diff outputs.

nutechracingusa 12-18-2009 06:32 PM

Yes I to am very impressed with the quality and I hope it is a fluke but its my only sample of the MT so I need to know this is not an issue, I will be getting new bearings from the factory and a differential box as everything else looks fine, I to think the bearing gernaded first and took the cases out but its hard to tell, the plastic cases could have been a bad mold to which would put a ton of pressure on the bearing, I will know once I hear back from the factory as I really want to make a go of these because it really is a quality built unit, I know there is a weak point in all of these but I need to know there will be support from the factory with issues like this so this will be a big test, hey everything happens for a reason :D I just hope we can get through this little snag. Everything else was hands down twice the quality of the FS and the FS is the only other product I personally imported, all of the fasteners on these are alan heads and unlike the FS fasteners I haven't stripped out any of the heads taking them out so that's a bonus. everything on this truck is so thick and well built I was really not expecting this but that's why you take samples and work out the bugs :-).

I have high hopes this little issue will get resolved and I can continue on with importing these because they really are a great unit every where else thus far, the transmitters are great no range issues or glitches like the FS transmitters, and I cant say enough about the reverse lol its great and so simple it hurts haha I cant believe non of the other manufactures jumped on that band wagon yet.

The whole roll cage is solid billet aluminum its not hollow :D lots of roll over protection unlike the thin hollow ones that wad up in the first roll over lol!!

I will report back once I get it back up and running, I could always put it back together and run it in 2wd which I will more than likely do until I get the replacement parts from the factory, so stay tuned I will have some video soon.

P.S the CY 26cc is a great running motor tons of power for stock cant wait to get it broken in and put a pipe on it and get it all tuned in lots of potential :-)

Scott
Zero Gravity RC

EngageRC 12-19-2009 02:15 AM

SY is a solid build.
You can bench it with the Nutech. Every part is build to its highest standard.

EngageRC 12-19-2009 03:46 AM

the bearing gave up and that give the extra gap for the gears to grind the plastic.

heliyeahman 12-19-2009 11:28 AM

From what I have been learning ,it seems to me that bearings are a real problem in the Chinese cars.

Zero- you are very impressive, this industry does not have many venders that would post up the carnage on a new vehicle. It sounds as though you are really trying to put quality in the peoples hands without pulling the wool over their eyes.

mooman007uk 12-19-2009 11:34 AM

Send one to me to test...I think my reputation preceeds me as a no mercy basher:D
I like the look of this, looks pretty stout and drivetrain looks solid...with obeast on the removable diff cups..nice touch...not sure on the reverse though...I need something that gets it back on it's wheels not goes backwards...lol...how much does it weigh? i reckon weight is the key factor with all these new trucks coming out...light weight= less breakage in cartwheels/rollovers etc

the cy 26 makes great power it sure moves the nutuch along at a gallop...looking forward to some hard bashing video;)

dc2 man 12-19-2009 01:03 PM

MOO

i have to agree with you on cy engines,they have got a lot of criticism from people and many dont like them..

me,i only had one in my GT5-R from nutech a 23cc and man was it a ROCKET.......

i find cys have a wicked off the line bite......

not to mention strong super hard clutches

FShopups 12-20-2009 02:59 AM

ORIGINAL: heliyeahman

From what I have been learning ,it seems to me that bearings are a real problem in the Chinese cars.

Zero- you are very impressive, this industry does not have many venders that would post up the carnage on a new vehicle. It sounds as though you are really trying to put quality in the peoples hands without pulling the wool over their eyes.
yea scott is the real deal, atleast he tests them before selling a product...a real asset to the business..

EngageRC 12-20-2009 07:21 PM

The one tested here is the lower cost version.
the bearing of the new version are upgraded.
is a matter of $

nutechracingusa 12-21-2009 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: EngageRC

The one tested here is the lower cost version.
the bearing of the new version are upgraded.
is a matter of $
hahah wow where did that come from, how is the one we received a lower cost version ? money doesn't have anything to do with it Ken they only have one version of that truck and that's what we received, sounds to me like your trying to pitch a sale here, I call it like it is plain and simple and by chiming in here and say its a lower cost version and it all boils down to money your not helping the cause, I am testing and relaying the results here for everyone to see that doesnt lie or mislead :D!

Now back to the important stuff

ORIGINAL: heliyeahman

Yes the bearings do seem to be a weak point on most of the Chinese imports but I am going to take a new set from them and a new differential case and have another go at it, even boca has a faulty bearing from time to time lol so I am not going to put the product down just yet as I really really like the rest of the truck and I think it will still make a great quality reliable vehicle. As soon as get a tank or 2 ran through this bad boy I will have my final conclusion, worse case scenario I can import these and swap the bearings in the differentials before I ship them out :D.

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

Send one to me to test...I think my reputation preceeds me as a no mercy basher
I like the look of this, looks pretty stout and drivetrain looks solid...with obeast on the removable diff cups..nice touch...not sure on the reverse though...I need something that gets it back on it's wheels not goes backwards...lol...how much does it weigh? i reckon weight is the key factor with all these new trucks coming out...light weight= less breakage in cartwheels/rollovers etc

the cy 26 makes great power it sure moves the nutuch along at a gallop...looking forward to some hard bashing video

Haha I will certainly keep that in mind moonman I have seen your videos and I know you dont baby or toys lol, I wish it wasn't winter here right now as I would have a better bashing grounds if they weren't all covered under a foot of snow lol, I do plan on getting it back up and running this week with some parts from my other sample, I do have a few nice big snow banks I am setting up for some high flying action but with the temps I think this will be a great test to see what breaks under pressure and below zero temps[&:].

ORIGINAL: FShopups

yea scott is the real deal, atleast he tests them before selling a product...a real asset to the business..

I appreciate that, I know the Chinese imports have gotten a bad name in the past and I do hope to turn that around which is why I am testing before importing and I will always give it to you guys like it is, that's what keeps the hobby fun and growing, dishonesty and poor quality is a major trait of the Chinese imports but not all of them which is why you need to pick and choose :-)

Now its time to tear my other sample apart for parts so I can get a tank through this and start to beat the ever living you know what out of it to see if and where the weak links are :-) thanks guys I will will keep you posted!

P.S the factory emailed back and they are sending out some new bearings and differential case so far I am really impressed with there service which is just as important as the quality of there product to me :D

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

nutechracingusa 12-21-2009 02:35 PM

Here are the wheel hubs and square drives, they are nice and thick :-) shouldnt have to worry about rounding off the square drive on the back of the wheels these are deep and thick I like this setup. Wheel bearings all seem nice I had to replace alot of those on the FS before I shipped them out 90% of them were shot right out of the box I had to spin the wheels on all the vehicles I shipped to ensure the wheel bearings were good most of them I had to replace before I shipped them out wtih the setup they had there was alot of stress and pressure on the inside bearings.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/1-8.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/2-6.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/3-8.jpg

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

mooman007uk 12-21-2009 03:09 PM

same tires (different wheels) as the nutech MMT, i'd still like to see some reinforcement rings around those wheel squares just to make sure the plastic doesn't split

No Moa 12-21-2009 04:15 PM

Truck looks good, body looks terrible. I don't understand why companys build a great buggy, and put such a crappy body on it.

nutechracingusa 12-21-2009 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: No Moa

Truck looks good, body looks terrible. I don't understand why companys build a great buggy, and put such a crappy body on it.
Its not a buggy its a MT, there buggy doesn't even have a body, I have one of those here as well, again cosmetics are such a small part of these as everyone like myself will paint it and customize it the way we want it anyways personally I haven't seen a whole lot of bodies that I am crazy about that's stock but that's just a matter of opinion, what I am interested in is the business end of the vehicles these bodies aren't that bad once you paint it its just another truck body plus not sure about you but mine get so covered in mud and crap I stopped customizing my bodies a long time ago when I started to use these how they were designed to be used, I don't own any trailer queens its quality I am looking for as I posted above if I do import these I will be getting them with clear bodies this is just a sample I am going to beat so I wasnt really concerned about the body I am simpley interested in the construction right now, bodies, wheels, rubber ect are all things I will deal with once I decide on the quality of the product 1 step at time:D

Here is your body less buggy

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/1-9.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/2-7.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k5...ky_010/3-9.jpg

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC

nutechracingusa 12-21-2009 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

same tires (different wheels) as the nutech MMT, i'd still like to see some reinforcement rings around those wheel squares just to make sure the plastic doesn't split
Yes some steel rings would be some nice insurance but I will have to see how they hold up, I dought it would be that hard to have some made from our local machinest that did our alloy for the FS :-), thats good about the rubber that means there will be some interchangable tires for them :D

nutechracingusa 12-21-2009 08:44 PM

Well I put the beast back together in 2wd until I could get the replacement parts from the factory, dam things really tears ass but surprise the same thing happened to the rear differential lol [:@] now I am out of parts haha I will have to wait and see if the new bearings and cases fix this issue, this is almost more fun in 2wd tachs right up on the dry pavement and smokes the rear tires doing donuts :D

I hope I can work out these issues with the factory this thing is a blast to drive and I cant say enough about the power, this thing stock has more grunt and topend then my FS MT with a tuned pipes, air filter and V Stack :D way more power.

Thank You,
Scott
Zero Gravity RC