Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

FUtaba receiver

Old 05-09-2011, 06:05 AM
wargor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUtaba receiver

Hello,

I ran into a problem setting up a hotliner this weekend. I have a Freddy-E that was never built. I bought it from a friend and decided to get it going. I have all futaba equipment. I thought a 617 receiver would be good but it's a little tight in the fuselage. Since futaba doesn't make a full range small receiver I was wondering what everyone that flies Futaba is using. I'll just have to get creative in it's mounting in this plane. Thanks

Old 05-09-2011, 06:22 AM
TIA

Default RE: FUtaba receiver

If I am on 72mhz I use the Hitec receivers in situations like these. The Electron 6 or Slim 8 receivers are perfect for this size and work very well. Otherwise the 2.4 AR "6" or "7" series will do.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:00 AM
kwmtrubrit

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you will find the Electron 6 discontinued [] but hopefully can still find them. I really liked the E6 for its size and actually took the case off for one of my planes.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:15 AM
TIA

I haven't heard that.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCXM9&P=FR

Old 05-09-2011, 06:23 PM
wargor
My Feedback: (1)

So is there no Futaba fasst system that will work?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:31 PM
kwmtrubrit

I had couple of Electron 6's have an overheating issue. A diode was overheating (caused chatering of the servos). About 9 mos to a year ago, I sent the last one back to HiTec to be repaired. They contacted me saying they were being discontinued and sent me another (supposedly better) HiTec RX. I'm glad to see that there's a supply of them around.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:26 AM
pilotpete2

While it's larger and a little heavier the 8 channel receiver (if you have an 8 ch FASST TX) may well be a better fit. I've never seen the Freddy-E, so I don't know what you're up against.
If your plane only needs 3 channels, like my Diemos I. Then the new R6203SB, is the answer, and if you need more channels down the road, you could have as many as you want on the S-Bus port and it links to any and all FASST transmitters[8D]
It seems many are using the mid-range 6 channels in sailplanes with sucess, but I understand where you're coming from on the full range. I have an R617FS in the Diemos I
Good luck,
Pete