Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Radian Pro DX8 Programming

Old 07-10-2011, 01:34 AM
ADANAC18
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radian Pro DX8 Programming

Hello:

I purchased a Radian Pro and a DX8 transmitter.

I downloaded the setup for the Radian Pro from the Spektrum website.

I can not get crow to work. Do I need to change the connections to the AR600 receiver ?

Should I be using two channels for the ailerons? The Radian Pro uses a Y adapter and put both ailerons on one channel.

If I need to use dual aileron channels where should I plug the second aileron into the receiver?
Old 07-10-2011, 05:19 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Radian Pro DX8 Programming

You MUST use two channels for the ailerons for crow to work.  In crow both ailerons move in the same direction.

I did find this at the DX8 site:

Radian Pro DX8 Setup

This setup allows full use of the capabilities of the Radian Pro. These settings are provided as a baseline setup only allowing you to build a setup to meet your needs. The values and reverse settings for your model will differ and must be carefully adjusted and tested before flying.

The setup listed has the flaps operate off the flap 3 position switch. The gear switch activates CROW. If the flaps are in the full down position and the gear switch is flipped, the CROW will become active, but only when the flap switch is in the full flap position. The AUX2 switch controls the reflex and camber of the wing.

CLICK HERE

to register your DX8 and download the Radian Pro Setup File.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:41 PM
ADANAC18
My Feedback: (16)

Thank you for the info.

I now have it working.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Capt.Chip

I downloaded the program and put it in my DX8 like you and found that it had one thing backwards in one of the mixes to make it work. I use two channels for the ailerons. I can't remember which thing I changed, but, it works fine now. I wish I could understand how and why they used this 3 mix program to obtain the desired results. I used a 4 mix program to make it work fully with crow before I used their mix.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:14 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Capt.Chip

I downloaded the program and put it in my DX8 like you and found that it had one thing backwards in one of the mixes to make it work. I use two channels for the ailerons. I can't remember which thing I changed, but, it works fine now. I wish I could understand how and why they used this 3 mix program to obtain the desired results. I used a 4 mix program to make it work fully with crow before I used their mix.
because the DX8 is not a sailplane radio so it does not have sailplane mixes built in so they have to use the "user mixes" to create them.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Simolious

aeajr, you gave such good info on programming the DX8. Could you do the same for me? I need to setup my JR9503 to fly the Radian Pro and most of the time I spend scratching my head!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:14 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts

This should get you started...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo..._DX7_setup.pdf

What I did was make a basic model so it would fly then started tinkering with adding features like launch mode, airbrake mixing etc as I went along.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Simolious

Thanks Barracuda!
I like your idea but when Horizon support instructed me to use an "ACRO" program in my JR 9503, I felt misled. Without the programming that is provided in the "Glider" mode, all my options are restricted.

I will try again by starting at ground zero, choose "Glider" mode; then add features one by one until I at least have all my surfaces working including motor. Then I'll worry about mixes and fine tuning.

I believe Horizon takes the position that anyone choosing the "PRO" will be an advanced flyer and therefore needs little if any programming help.

I need lots!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:45 AM
BarracudaHockey

Don't feel bad, it took me quite a bit of tinkering to get the RP setup with my 11x for the review.

Something that didn't get mentioned in the article was it sitting on my coffee table and me screwing something up and it shooting across the living room towards my new LCD tv

When I was done I could use the throttle stick for climb out in takeoff mode, then in landing mode it would control the crow mixing etc so the end result is worth it but its a bit of a learning curve.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Capt.Chip

Using Horizon's mixes, everything operates just as if it were a powered electric model, which I like: the throttle is normal, Aux2 controls the wing config (reflex, normal, and camber), and the flaps operate off of the 3 position flap switch and to crow you just flip the "gear" switch with the flaps all the way down.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:16 PM
drdanger

ive had radian pro for 5 months and am determined to not fly it until i set it up for all that it can do ....but i too have an 11x and am perplexed at horizons dx7 link. have about 25 planes flying between my 9303 and 11x and would like to program the pro. is there a site to walk you through the set up? is yyour setup available ? thanks forr any help
Old 09-14-2011, 05:15 AM
BarracudaHockey

Darn, my buddy badgered me till I sold him mine and I wiped the program or I could have just sent you the 11x file.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:10 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the radio program for the DX7 and now I am lost to where all the plugs from the servos go to in the ar600 reciver??? Can someone please show me or take a photo of thiers or something please??? Thanks lost and still on the ground Eric