Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Hobie Hawk(s) - Found

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:55 PM
gjb999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobie Hawk(s) - Found

Iguess you can kind of file this under the"under the dust in the garage...." type of deals. Cleaning out my Dad's garage. He was a Hobie dealer back in the 70's, and was a big flyer. Inever caught the bug. Well, he's been gone for years now, and Ifinally got to the garage, andfound a little stash of Hobie parts - including some original boxes. Ihave:

2 fuselages, 1 is definately used (but still flyable), but the other is pretty much brand new.
3 sets of tailwings. 2 orange, 1 yellow. 1 of the orange rudders has been patched, but all other parts are in perfect condition.
1 set of yellow 5' wings. 1 is perfect. the other has a small tear in the mylar ~ no more than a couple inches.
1 set of orange 5' wings. Left is perfect. Right is in need of repair.
3 left side 4' wings in perfect condition.
Ihave a number of right side wings, but they are in various states of repair. Obviously a right-wing tilt on my Dad's landings.
Various pins for the wings, etc.

Iam looking to sell these off to someone who can better appreciate them. Ihave been looking at ebay to get them up, but Idon't see them ever. Iwill gladly piece them out, or sell them all together. Ijust have no clue of the value of these. If anyone has some direction, I'm all ears. Ican provide pics if you would like. There is also another glider. Ithink it is an "Olympic" (not sure). balsa body, and handmade wings. He flew that one all the time. Body and wings are in great shape. There are no tailwings.

Thanks,

Greg
Old 09-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Baum58
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Hobie Hawk(s) - Found

pm'ed you

Peter
Old 09-08-2011, 04:13 PM
gjb999

Sorry Peter - Iam in Federal Sales, and this is the BIGMONTH. Iam just headed to another meeting. Idid get the pics of what Ihave up on the net. You can go here to view:

http://community.webshots.com/user/gjb999 (Iknow there are hesitations in linking from forums, but rest assured this is a safe picture sharing site. Iuse it for work as well). Iadded the "Hobie Hawk" album so Icould put up the pics, and show the blems. Take a look at the pics, and Iwill try to contact you at your number tomorrow.

Thanks - Greg
Old 09-09-2011, 04:59 PM
troutman49

How much would you want for a set of the tail surfaces? i would be interested in the orange ones just because there is a slight defect that would not bother me as i would recover them anyway (and they might not be as desirable to someone else. Thanks for your time and consideration.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:03 PM
troutman49

How much would you want for a set of the tail surfaces? I would be interested in the orange ones just because there is a slight defect that would not bother me as I would recover them anyway (and they might not be as desirable to someone else. Thanks for your time and consideration.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:20 AM
airgrip

Do youstill have any tails to sell individually?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:04 PM
gjb999

You can see pics at: http://community.webshots.com/user/gjb999

I am looking to sell these off to someone who can better appreciate them. I have been looking at ebay to get them up, but I want to see if I can get this done within the online community before ebaying. Ihave this out at other RCsites. Let me know if you are interested.

I am looking to sell the 10' yellow Super Hawk complete. It has everything except small pin for rudder. Part out the rest. I will gladly do a discounted deal for a take all.

Asking:
Yellow Super Hawk (10' wings) with perfect fuselage (slight hole in wing) - $500
Orange 5' wings - $120 (for both)
Orange and Yellow 4' wings (RTF) - $200 (for all 3)
Tails (4 Orange - all perfect) - $30 each
Rudders Orange - $40 for perfect one. $10 for repaired one
Used Fueselage - $75
Original box - $15
Remaining wings (damaged) - $60 for all

Shoot me an offer - I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Greg

Old 09-19-2011, 07:38 PM
BILLYFLYS
My Feedback: (277)

Hello Greg........ I am looking for a set of 5' wing panels, and a large rudder for the super hawk..... Please let me know what you have, as I am very interested, I will give you top dollar for anything that you have left over............ PLEASE let me know......... Thanks,
BILLY
Old 11-04-2011, 07:26 PM
ddd

I have a new in a box ARF not covered HOBIE HAWK Glider, best offer.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:12 PM
BILLYFLYS

Hey Bob..... Please get back with me with what you have via PM only.... Maybe we can work something out.... I look forward to hearing back from you.... Take Care,
BILLY
Old 11-08-2011, 12:26 PM
ddd

Hi Billy,

I sent you an email, did you get it?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:59 PM
BILLYFLYS

Hello Bob..... I was just wondering what kind of hobie stuff that you found laying around? No I did not get your email that you sent me? Please send me another email.... Thanks, Billy
Old 11-11-2011, 12:41 PM
ddd

It is a 90" uncovered built version Hobie Hawk whichI aquired in the 80s". It is in perfect condition ready for assembly and covering. I even have a number of rolls of covering for very resonable price.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:41 PM
BILLYFLYS

Hello Bob....... Hope you had a good weekend.... Anyway, just wondering how we are comming along with the hobie? Please let me know the total, so I can put some funds in my paypal account.... Thanks,
BIKER BILLY
Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 PM
BILLYFLYS

BOB...................................... YOU WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DON'T WANT TO SELL IT NOW?????????????????????????????
Old 01-21-2012, 10:26 PM
RoyAceWings

I here that the Hobie Hawk is a real vintage collectors piece?
Old 01-21-2012, 10:29 PM
ddd

It's been sold.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Mickey Mike

Hey, Can I buy some of your Hobie Hawk Parts?. I need a canopy Fuselog or anything I can buy for A reasonable price. Can I use PayPal? Mike ([email protected])
Old 01-11-2014, 08:42 PM
MAAC

This is probably sacra sank but has anyone electrified a Hobie Hawk? I have the opportunity to pick one up new in the box. If so what gear was used?
Old 01-16-2014, 04:09 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MAAC
This is probably sacra sank but has anyone electrified a Hobie Hawk? I have the opportunity to pick one up new in the box. If so what gear was used?
It's not sacrosanct to post in an old thread to ask a somewhat related question, but it usually won't get an answer. The people who might know an answer to your question have no clue that info is being requested in a thread about old parts for sale.

The best way to get specific questions answered is to make the title of a new thread hint at your question.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:19 PM
[email protected]

Greg,
Just happened to see you post re: your dad's Hobie Hawk parts. I've been looking for a HH fuselage. I don't know when you posted this but,do you still have one for sale?
If so, could you please e-mail me at: [email protected].
Thanks in advance,
Rick