Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Radian RTF - Will this area be large enough to fly

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Radian RTF - Will this area be large enough to fly

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Feejer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radian RTF - Will this area be large enough to fly

I'm thinking of buying a Radian RTF and was wondering if the area on my link would be large enough to fly (see link). I realize it might be hard to tell.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=8102+H...19038&t=h&z=19

Thanks

Old 01-08-2012, 02:07 PM
fudi50
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Radian RTF - Will this area be large enough to fly

Really depends how good a flyer you are, its all subjective I fly my Radian off a slope over water and I get real low where other Radian flyers refuse to go that low. Does not mean I am a better flyer than they are its just what i have gotten used to. I'll ad this I can land in about 20/50 ft providing there is a little wind where I can hang on the elevator. If in doubt go to a larger area mark off an imaginary area and land in that area all the time.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:09 PM
kwmtrubrit

Assuming you have the "real football pitch," the American football field and the baseball diamond, you have a ton of room. Actually, any one of the three should be enough to fly from and land depending on experience.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Feejer

Thanks, I just realize I have a larger area to fly than the guys flying up at Valley Forge park
Old 01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

You can fly a Radian out of the area of a ball diamond WITHOUT the outfield area if you are skillful enough a flier to have that degree of control over the model.

But then other factors also need to be considered such as flying over populated housing areas, park areas with lots of casual users under the flying area or busy road ways. Although it is rare we, as model flyers, MUST be aware of what damage could be done if our model were to structurally fail or have a radio component failure that caused a crash into any persons below the flight path.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Feejer

ORIGINAL: BMatthews

You can fly a Radian out of the area of a ball diamond WITHOUT the outfield area if you are skillful enough a flier to have that degree of control over the model.

But then other factors also need to be considered such as flying over populated housing areas, park areas with lots of casual users under the flying area or busy road ways. Although it is rare we, as model flyers, MUST be aware of what damage could be done if our model were to structurally fail or have a radio component failure that caused a crash into any persons below the flight path.
Thats why you don't put your name on it and run like hell if something does happen

Old 01-09-2012, 05:19 PM
skeeter_ca

Just watch out for those gosh darn light poles. When i flew in football fields the models acted like magnets to those aluminum poles. (yeah i know magnets don't stick to aluminum, but tell that to my airplane)

skeeter
Old 01-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Feejer

ORIGINAL: skeeter_ca

Just watch out for those gosh darn light poles. When i flew in football fields the models acted like magnets to those aluminum poles. (yeah i know magnets don't stick to aluminum, but tell that to my airplane)

skeeter
My bigger fear is the 40K volt power pole along the 309 expressway

Old 01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: skeeter_ca

skeeter

And TREES! Don't forget about the tree magnets ! ! ! !

Or is it that light pole attraction is magnetic and the tree attraction is due to gravity focus points? I always get those mixed up...