Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

hk dg-1000

Old 02-27-2012, 10:35 AM
soozoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hk dg-1000

Just purchased from HK a DG-1000 sailplane "with scale pilots". I have no slopes and 50 miles for a tow and it doesn't thermal well enough for a high start and I don't own a winch. I do not want to saw the nose off anyone know of a good power pod (not retractable) that I can guild or buy and what motor/prop esc configuration would get this thing to altitude rather quickly?
Old 03-06-2012, 11:54 AM
soozoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hk dg-1000

The HK DG 1000 sailplane arrived. I am impressed. Just 1 small wrinkle in the covering. Fin slightly canted as expected. Easy fix for both.
Going to be a head scratcher trying to figure out how to mount the canopy (gotta keep the rain off the two almost scale pilots)

I have some question for those of you who know.
1. If I mount a tow hook for a high start how far fwd of the CG should it be, assuming of course a standard high start will launch the almost 50 oz. bird.

I could not find a power pod but am designing my own. Plan to use same battery that is in the Radian since I have so many. It has 6 servos I already have two new 30 amp ESC that will furnish all power to the plane. What is a good sized motor and folding prop > weight 50 oz, span 442 square inches (2.6 meter span) For good climb.

Another problem is the flaps an aileron only go down 15-20 degrees. How far should the flaps go? Ailerons? camber? From videos of a Ventus I think I will need some flaps and/or just for take off. But based on the Radian I need to have more flaps than 20 degrees to slow it enough to get it down without over shooting my county. (actually my field is 300 yards by 500 yards with good approaches on three sides)

Thanks in advance

Mike
Old 03-12-2012, 10:30 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: hk dg-1000

Sorry, I don't know this glider.