Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Need Bob Martin Talon plans & manual

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Need Bob Martin Talon plans & manual

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Roguedog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Bob Martin Talon plans & manual

Ipicked up a kit that appears to be complete but it is missing the build manual and the plans.

Looking for a digital copy, copy of theoriginal, or an originalof Bob Martins' Talon plans and build manual. Can anyone help me out.

Bryan
Old 05-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Need Bob Martin Talon plans & manual

Bob Martin kits became part of DynaFlite. Please send an email to the address below. We can look to see if the plans and instructions are still available, and what any costs might be.

[email protected]
Old 05-13-2012, 11:23 PM
flyingtheoldones
My Feedback: (1)

is this the kit I sent you?

DM
Old 05-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Roguedog

Nope.

Bryan

Old 05-14-2012, 08:28 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW...........

I had a Bob Martin sloper once. It's fuselage was that white plastic stuff that was supposed to be bullet proof. It flew pretty good on the slopes. That plastic looked sorta like vinyl, or maybe the stuff they make milk jugs, or laundry baskets out of nowadays. Mine had come out of the mold and cooled a bit too quickly and the horizontal stab shelf wasn't parallel to the wing saddle. I tried heating it up a bit but never got the nerve to heat it enough to either reshape or ruin it.

It did scrape up on the bottom a bit. Heck, so will laundry baskets. In my case, one of our slope sites had a roughly paved road back behind the good landing area. It was far enough back from the "good" part of the landing area that you'd choose the pavement when you had to. I think it was named the Coyote. It was sort of a dog, so that made sense. Truth is, I'd like to have it now and be able to fly at that place some more.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:08 AM
da Rock

Hey, that Bob Martin vinyl thing wasn't a Coyote.

It was a Katie II. The fuselage was Dura-lene.

The advertisement from my '87 Tower catalog says it was for slope but could thermal with the average 2m. Don't you believe it. On the other hand, the average 2m wouldn't slope with it even on a light wind day.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:31 AM
ClasicPatternGuy

i have a cop of an Original Bob Martin Talon plan. It appears to be exactly the same as the Dynaflight Talon. The only difference is the the section where it lists the plan name. In this case the name Bob Matin was replaced with Dynaflight the rest of the plan is Identical.

da rock,

I was talking with a friend who said that they used to advertise that you could drive you car over the duralene fuses. Said that when one of the proto type fuses accendentlly was backed over by someones car. Interesting anecdote.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:46 PM
da Rock

ORIGINAL: ClasicPatternGuy

i have a cop of an Original Bob Martin Talon plan. It appears to be exactly the same as the Dynaflight Talon. The only difference is the the section where it lists the plan name. In this case the name Bob Matin was replaced with Dynaflight the rest of the plan is Identical.

da rock,

I was talking with a friend who said that they used to advertise that you could drive you car over the duralene fuses. Said that when one of the proto type fuses accendentlly was backed over by someones car. Interesting anecdote.

Yeah, when I bought mine, driving over it was part of the advertising. The dura-lene was rather thick and fairly flexible. I've got a laundry basket made out of about the same stuff. I sold it when I moved away but before I left, the guy who bought it lawn-darted it. The nose was wrinkled and it wouldn't come out. Guess you can drive over it, but can't spear stuff with it.