Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

MKS DS-6125 Servo glitter

Old 04-27-2013, 02:00 PM
longsoar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MKS DS-6125 Servo glitter

During the flight Today one of my flap servos went nuts. I've noticed it high in the air - glider started to bank and flap flashed the Sun reflection. I consider myself lucky it did not bring the whole glider down.
Landed safely without using flaps on landing by sliding sideways.

Here is what servo does: [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9wnLw48oKQ]MKS DS6125 Servo[/link]

I think potentiometer is worn. I have around 3 flight hours on a glider, give or take.
It is not the first bad MKS servo report on YouTube.

Also, unfortunately my onboard GoPro3 stopped recording at around 34-th minute even though it had USB power connected to on-board battery. Still trying to figure it out as battery was full on landing.
I will post video link once it is compiled. Flight was absolutely great with strong thermals. I would've stayed in the air for another 40-50 minutes if not for the servo.
cheers,
Mark
Old 04-27-2013, 02:54 PM
longsoar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MKS DS-6125 Servo glitter

Now, even funnier - I removed the servo from the wing. When I hooked it up to the receiver it went around without stopping.
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcAzH_QozA]Here is the video[/link]
any ideas?