Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

R2 Hobbies Bluewing 1.4m EP "V" Tail Glider

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

R2 Hobbies Bluewing 1.4m EP "V" Tail Glider

Old 07-10-2013, 04:01 PM
nauthst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R2 Hobbies Bluewing 1.4m EP "V" Tail Glider

I just received one of these in the mail, and found that though the components appear to be quality, it comes with no build instructions. I have never set one of these up before and need some help with the tail fletching, a "V" tail, and a blow up labeled drawing, especially since I will need to obtain replacement parts. The initial throws for that tail will be very important. Does anyone know of a build log for a similar sailplane model? I have e mailed the mfr. after checking his website, but I'd like to read other's experiences and advice.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:35 PM
TIA

Default RE: R2 Hobbies Bluewing 1.4m EP

Pics will help...
Old 07-12-2013, 07:17 PM
nauthst

I'll need to get the digital camera out tomorrow morning and take shots of the parts I received in a ziploc bag with the kit. With one of the forum member's help, I was able to download and print the instructions for the Blue Wing, though looking at the previously mentioned parts, both extensions that slide into the tail-tube, I can see that the build instructions I now have are for the Mk1 version, which is a down-rev of the version I have. The add for this kit mentions it incorporates larger tail surfaces, which I have and they would probably break off in flight if I tried to glue them to the small surfaces on the inside of the "V" slot in it. The other extension has an inverted external "V" shape with a small hole toward the tail end for an included nylon screw. There are also two sections of "V" section fiberglas, one with a grommet bonded into it the same distance from the end. I will take pics of all this tomorrow. It appears the R2 "Speedo Mklll" has a similar tail build, but I can't bring the manual for it up- for some reason I'm getting an "Access Denied" flag from the website when I insert the Speedo's rcpl number.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:20 PM
nauthst

The first question here is whether to use the tail extension shown mounted on the sailplane, which I beieve is the Mk1 version for the smaller tail surfaces, or the configuration shown on the upper left which is heavier but will provide more support? This appears to be a common way to mount a "V" tail. Can anyone provide a link to a build log that includes a step-by-step guide to construction? The instructions I have show the control horns mounted underneath the elevators. I got a rear photo of asimular tail that shows the horns mounted on top of the elevators, which seems to be a safer place for them if practical.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12530.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	1900169