Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

HKM Solitaire Plus

Old 03-22-2015, 05:30 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default HKM Solitaire Plus

Just picked up one of these at an estate sale. Brand new, never been assembled.

Anyone have this glider or care to share anything about it? I understand this was a competition F5B glider from the late 90s, early 2000s.
http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/togami/aframes.html
http://www003.upp.so-net.ne.jp/togam.../solitarep.jpg

I have a sheet that looks like the one at the second link. It appears to be in German.

I have no intention of entering F3B competition. But It looked like it might be fun to set it up at as a warmliner, maybe 150 watts/pound. Appreciate any advice or insights from current or former owners.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:40 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Attached are some photos of the plane. Note that what you see is what I got. Note there is nothing to screw the tail into . Will have to figure a way to put some kind of threaded something in the top of the fin so I can mount the h-stab.

No pushrods or servo covers for the wings and no pushrod for the elevator. Easy enough to make.

Likewise there is nothing to screw the wind bolt into. Will have to make some kind of plate and blind nut arrangement. There is a tab on the front of the wing that clearly goes into a notch that I have to cut into the fuse.

No firewall was provided so I will make one out of plywood.

Fuse, wing and tail are in excellent condition. There is a pull string in the wing that goes to the center so I can fish wires through. I will have to cut out some kind of opening in the wing bottom in order to pull the aileron wires through.

There is a cover taped onto the tail where the elevator servo will go.

Tons of space in the fuse for batteries.

When I get around to trying to assemble it I will do a test balance with whatever motor and servos I am going to use to see how it will balance with lighter components.

The fuse + stab weighs 6.5 oz

The wing weighs 10.4 ounces

Call it 17 ounces. If my estimate in the first post is right, about 18 ounces for the stuff to go into it then the lightest I could bring it in would be about 35 ounces. Not sure how it will fly at that weight since is was designed to fly around 70 ounces.

Won't be getting to it any time soon so we may have a while to wait to answer that question.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-03-28 18.06.30.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	746.5 KB
ID:	2084734   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-03-28 18.07.02.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	944.6 KB
ID:	2084735   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-03-28 18.09.12.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	847.7 KB