Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Radian cg

Old 05-01-2015, 04:54 PM
JMCHASE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radian cg

Have taken the radian out several times it seems to be a popular plane many fliers have one at the field. Anyway i didnt like the way it was flying i have it trimmed out correctly and the cg was to factory specs. Kept having to add nose up trim. So last night i added some weight bringing the cg back. specs say two and a half inches from the le. Which places it about half inch in Front of the spar. I moved the cg to the spar and what a difference. Flew hands off with no added elevator. Of course the guys gave me what for said i should stick to the specs but then what fun is that.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Don McCullough
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You nailed it. That is where I have it as well as most in our club. Indicates lift better and is easier to land. Good call.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:45 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 173 Likes on 149 Posts

I agree. When I was big into sailplanes I would always adjust CG so that there were no pitch trim change over the speed envelope. Nose heavy and it will want to climb as the speed increase, tail heavy and she will dive with speed.