Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

ESL Thermal Duration (winch) contest coming to Long Island - Sept 26/27 2015

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

ESL Thermal Duration (winch) contest coming to Long Island - Sept 26/27 2015

Old 09-01-2015, 01:42 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool ESL Thermal Duration (winch) contest coming to Long Island - Sept 26/27 2015

The Eastern Soaring League is coming to the Long Island Silent Flyers field September 26 and 27 2015.

This is LISF 2, the second of two ESL TD contest weekends hosted by the Long Island Silent Flyers in Syosset, New York. There will be one contest on Saturday and one on Sunday. You can fly either or both.

We have a large field, plenty of sky and a club that puts on a great contest. The LISF club members do all the work so you, the ESL pilots, get to sit back, relax and focus on your flying. Ed Anderson and Mike Lavelle Co-CDs.

The long range forecast is for beautiful skies, light breezes and lots of lift. So why would you want to miss it?

There will be 4 ESL winches. We will be flying Man on man format.

Cold drinks are available Free. Lunch is available every day.

Weather permitting, we open the field for practice on Friday.

We will be flying Expert, Sportsman and Novice. Novice pilots fly FREE so bring those new pilots with you and give them a taste of the great time to be had at an ESL contest.

See the registration site for more details.
http://www.flyesl.org/Contest.aspx?contestid=213

Feel free to post questions here and I will do my best to answer them.

We hope to see you there.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:12 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

LISF 2 is cancelled based on FAA no-fly restrictions

New FDC NOTAM/TFRs have been issued for the greater New York, NY and Newark, NJ metropolitan area beginning at 4:30p on Thursday, 9/24, and continuing until 6:30p EDT on Wednesday, 9/30. The TFRs are issued for security purposes to cover VIP movement in conjunction with the Papal visit and the meeting of the UN General Assembly. Outdoor radio control model aircraft operations are prohibited within the lateral limits of the New York Class B airspace for the specific times listed below. Control Line and Free Flight modelers should use discretion when operating within the TFR.

I will try to notify the pilots who are registered for the contest but I may not have everyone's e-mail so if you know someone coming to the contest, please let them know it is cancelled.