Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Multiplex Solius - How have you set yours up?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Multiplex Solius - How have you set yours up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 06:40 PM
flier60103

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Solius - How have you set yours up?

I've been flying mine for about a month and have not put in the recommended Multiplex Tx mixes to fix some of the "problems". Differential ailerons should make the turns a bit flatter. The zooming with full power is addressed by mixing in some down elevator with the throttle. I have done that. 15% down elevator at full throttle. None at 1/2 throttle or below.. I am flying with a Taranis Tx. Motor is a Turnigy Gliderdrive outrunner in a can, similar to the MVVS motors. Battery is a 3S2200 maH. ESC is a YGP 45A.with the Multiplex 12x6 foldng prop that came with the kit. 20 second motor runs are all that are needed to get to 100s of feet of altitude.
I have been toying with the idea of shimming the elevator leading edge up a bit to change the incidence instead of using the throttle to elevator mixing scheme. It's easy since the elevator bolts on using two nylon screws. Sound like something that is preferred over the mixing? The plane uses a pretty thick airfoil since the Solius, IMHO, flies rather slow. I have had no luck catching any thermals. But then I am a flatlander in the Midwest of the US where we don't have too many hills. I prefer flying when the winds are light.
I'd love to hear what other folks have done to tame this plane. It's fun to fly as it is but I think it could be better. I will be adding reflex to both ailerons, controlled by a slider on the side of the Tx to bleed off some of the lift to make landings easier and much more predictable as to location. This plane floats forever. The plane has no flaps.