Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Any Minnesota pilots

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 06:41 AM
Robot-Engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Minnesota pilots

Hello all,

Does anybody know of active pilots in the Minneapolis area? I contacted the Minnesota Radio Control Soaring Society, but have not heard back. I am new(ish) to sailplanes, but have been flying electric aircraft for years. I want to make the jump from foam aircraft to composite and would like to find others to fly with. Thanks for any info.

Greg
Old 01-14-2018, 06:37 PM
jeffEE
My Feedback: (5)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Twin cities radio control , Southern Minnesota model aircraft club, Anoka county radio control, St. Paul radio control. Grass field club, sodbusters rc, Just to name a few.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:11 AM
loopdeeloop
My Feedback: (4)

Owatonna RC Modelers. Fabric main and crosswind runways with acres of grass if you prefer. Instructors available and this is the site for the Minnesota Radio Control Soaring Society annual National Sled Works Aero Tow glider event. Owatonna-RC-Modelers.com
Old 01-16-2018, 01:36 PM
oly 9

Default acrc

Greg, You didn't say where in the twin cities you are but I am with acrc Anoka county radio control. If your on the north side check out our web site and stop in at one of the meetings. Always looking for new members who want to fly off a blacktop runway.Neil
Old 01-16-2018, 04:09 PM
Robot-Engineer

Thanks for the invite. I live in Buffalo, Western side of the Twin Cities.