Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Crow

Old 04-19-2021, 02:43 AM
Heliman4213
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crow

I have the FMS AS-17 Sailplane 2500 mm. I changed some of the set up so I could have Crow on my ailerons. I will be flying at different locations. Some of them more confined than others. I also have flaps which I'm just going to leave as flaps .What is standard or what do you guys recommend for Crow in my ailerons? I was going to have the first notch of flaps just normal and then the last notch of flaps with the Crow.
Thanks
Old 04-20-2021, 07:44 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts

I have a crow setup on all my sailplanes. Typically about 15 degrees up is about all you need. Any more then that and you start loosing some roll authority. I also strongly suggest proportional flaps. I always have mine on the throttle stick and put the throttle on a side slider. Having flaps on the throttle really helps control your glide slope to landing. Throttle can be pretty much an on/off deal as you are only using power to get to altitude.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:43 AM
Heliman4213
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you to all of you will set it up!!
Old 04-26-2021, 09:01 PM
rexmexx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also donít forget some elevator mixing. Planes tend to pitch up once crow is used, especially the more flaps you use, compared to the aileron throws.