Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Old Canard kits in the LA area?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Old Canard kits in the LA area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 02:24 PM
AirRayInc
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Old Canard kits in the LA area?

Gary,
for sure I want RG15 or 14. I forget which one is the more user friendly with non computer set ups. I like the gas and go method of flying. I seem to recall setting mine up with the cg right on the leading edge of the wing, this due also to my flying style and where I fly. I am spoiled when the wind blows at my location it is very good, so the bulk of my planes are balanced on the forward edge of the cg range.

Thanks for the offer Gary, the only that will "slow" me at this point will be making a canopy or waiting for one from where ever. Once I get going, everything will go very rapidly.

Ray
Old 05-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Jarel Design

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just discovered this thread at RC Universe...

Although I am touched that people are still talking about my designs more than 20 years later in such a positive fashion...

I am REALLY "DISSAPOINTED" that anyone would take the liberty to copy my design (literally) by molding it and reproducing it!

You are STEALING!

I invested years designing and engineering the Telos, which is what sets it apart from every other production slope ship out there!

I did NOT go "belly-up" and I am so far from "Extinct"!

I have been creating special effects for the motion picture industry (Star Trek, 5th Element, Power Rangers... the list goes on...) as well as designing and producing toy prototypes for some of the larges manufacturers in the world.

I have recently made a return in the RC aircraft industry and will prosecute anyone who is reproducing my ship without written permission and demand that anyone in posession of an un-authorized! mold, Cease, Desist and destroy any such molding equipment immediately!

If you think I'm kidding, check out my website www.jareldesign.com (The film industry pays well and I more than have the means to follow through on seeking punitive as well as compensatory damages in a court of law!

What hurts is that my business has always been easily contactable and you didn't even ask!

Disappointedly,

Richard Jarel
Jarel Design
Old 05-23-2008, 12:01 AM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Mr. Jarel,
I admire your great looking canard sloper. I am a newby sloper, I was looking for it on your web site and was unable to find it.
Is it still available? sorry about the conflict. Hopefully the end result will be positive. I Imagine it was an inocent mistake and there are a couple of red faces somewhere.....but it sounds more like they are rehabbing models they had in storage as he was only going to make a replacement canopy and didnot mention doing a whole bird.

So can we buy one of these fantastic looking canards ? I thought it looked very cool[8D]
Old 05-23-2008, 05:45 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jarel Design

I just discovered this thread at RC Universe...

Although I am touched that people are still talking about my designs more than 20 years later in such a positive fashion...

I am REALLY "DISSAPOINTED" that anyone would take the liberty to copy my design (literally) by molding it and reproducing it!

You are STEALING!

I invested years designing and engineering the Telos, which is what sets it apart from every other production slope ship out there!

I did NOT go "belly-up" and I am so far from "Extinct"!

I have been creating special effects for the motion picture industry (Star Trek, 5th Element, Power Rangers... the list goes on...) as well as designing and producing toy prototypes for some of the larges manufacturers in the world.

I have recently made a return in the RC aircraft industry and will prosecute anyone who is reproducing my ship without written permission and demand that anyone in posession of an un-authorized! mold, Cease, Desist and destroy any such molding equipment immediately!

If you think I'm kidding, check out my website www.jareldesign.com (The film industry pays well and I more than have the means to follow through on seeking punitive as well as compensatory damages in a court of law!

What hurts is that my business has always been easily contactable and you didn't even ask!

Disappointedly,

Richard Jarel
Jarel Design

It appears the only copying that is mentioned in this 4+ year old thread is for the repair of the parts that each owner has damaged. That is actually not copyright infringement as routinely interpreted by the courts. The issue usually revolves around the availability of the copy to the general public. It's accepted that any owner can repair his own posessions, no matter how he acquired them.

I did not notice in your post that you're offering replacement canopies. But for anyone who needs replacement parts, it should be just a bit easier for them to find out from a link to your website.

So here is a copy of your original: http://www.jareldesign.com

BTW, I looked through your website and did not notice where you're offering replacement parts for your kits. Didn't see the kits either? Or mention of R/C at all. Where are replacement parts available?

Good luck on your "return to the RC aircraft industry"
Old 05-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Jarel Design

Dear readers

Please accept my apology for jumping the gun here... This is especially extended to Ray!

As the moderator graciously pointed out: It does "appear" as if the discussion here revolved around replacing canopies rather than creating duplicate fuselages/kits.

A fellow FX artist passed a link to this thread to me while I was on set in the middle of a huge project. I read too quickly and apparently, not too "clearly" (There have been two other confirmed instances where parties (without my permission) created molds and were selling and/or trading my fuselages/designs (again, without permission). Both instances required legal action to resolve the matter. Life is too short to deal with litigation even if we "win".)

I recognize that my personal "trigger" was pulled pre-maturely with regards to this thread and the facilitation of "replacing parts" for people who are in reality, complimenting my work by showing what they are willing to do to sustain the life-span of a very old product.

Ray, if you are so inclined to replace Telos canopies for yourself and/or others, please accept this public apology as my encouragement to do so if you are still so inclined as I have run out of them for now. The RC development I am currently working on will eventually facilitate the availability of replacement parts, complete kits of the Telos as well as an entirely new line of RC kits. I would welcome your contacting me directly at: [email protected] for more information.

As for my website not having items for sale: Although the jareldesign.com website was designed to maintain a contact source for RC replacement parts (which I have provided for almost 20 years) but primarily it was developed and has evolved into a corporate identity vehicle to sustain my motion picture special effects work, product design, prototype development and public installation sculpture... Over the years, I have had other RC enthusiasts find me there and have worked with them to replace parts for the Telos as well as the Shogun and Impulse. These inquires have dropped off to zero (until just recently). Within the last three months, I have secured several other website domain names (I have yet to determine which one to use) with the intent to facilitate a source for replacement parts and to present my recent RC development efforts. Recently, there has been a lot of talk about the Telos and I have received a surprising number of requests to re-release the design. I also have several additional projects currently being developed which will also be released through the new website.

I hope this is accepted as the genuine apology and intent to facilitate your acquiring replacement canopies.

Sincerely,

Richard Jarel
Old 05-23-2008, 04:33 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another example that real glider people are the cream of the crop.

Mr. Jarel, we look forward to your return to the glider side of this hobby.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Jarel Design

*smiling here*

Thank you!

I forgot how much I loved (and still do love) this hobby!

I'd like to share a little bit about how I got out of the RC industry and why I'm getting back into it:

The kits I have designed (and am designing now) come from my love for this hobby... building and flying. Frankly when I was first offered $30,000 to build the equivalent of an RC plane (that didn't even have to fly!) for the film "Contact", I discovered that my passion for designing and building all sorts of "stuff" would actually pay a whole lot more than producing multiples of the same kit over and over, how could I pass it up?) This has continued through films like The 5th Element, Star Trek IX, Jungle Book II, Killer Pad and more...

The kits I am now developing, come from a practical approach to the hobby: Keep it simple (easy to build), make it inexpensive to replace (If we are pushing our flying skills outside the envelope, we're all going to crash.), be innovative where it counts (engineering and aesthetic design), and make it fly well... To accomplish these goals requires that I be able to replace something I would love to fly which means turn it into my own kit... From that, it just seems obvious that the next step is to share this with others...

I'll come back with news once there's news to publicly share.

Thank you for your patience and your support!

Take care!

Richard
Old 12-16-2018, 03:43 AM
Rototillerguy

Hello all

my name is Mike

A few years ago (2016) Richard Jarel sold to me the rights to two of his designs, the Telos and the Crossbow ( both the Electric version and the purely Slope version). For health reasons Richard did not want to be messing with Resins, Fiber Glass or Carbon Fiber and so that is why he relinquished these two of his designs to me.

if you need kits I am now producing them and selling them. If you need replacement parts contact me.

Mike Georgia
818 209 4967
[email protected]