Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Please help me find a kit! (Or at least a plan)

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Please help me find a kit! (Or at least a plan)

Old 11-10-2003, 06:39 PM
San Jose Steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me find a kit! (Or at least a plan)

I'm looking for a large (~80" wingspan) "scale" or "semi-scale" kit of either a Schweizer TG-2, Airspeed Horsa or Waco CG-4A. (In that order) I've just about given up looking for a kit of any of these to build and am now wondering if I could just make one from scratch. (I'm thinking my Gentle Lady and Spirit II went together real easy, how much harder could it be right????)
I did find a reference to a MAN print and a wood kit from a "Bob Holman", but it was just a "blurb" and had no contact info. Anyone have any suggestions on where I might look.
Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks, -Steve
Old 11-10-2003, 09:36 PM
papermache
My Feedback: (35)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Please help me find a kit! (Or at least a plan)

Steve,
Model Airplane News plan fsp04842 is a 126" span TG-2. Looks like a hefty scratch building project, but it would probably be a good challenge. It's available through RCstore.com

papermache
Old 03-08-2004, 11:11 PM
mmartin55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please help me find a kit! (Or at least a plan)

I am in the process of drawing complete plans for an 80" 1/6 scale Schweizer 1-26E which will also include enough detail to build a scale A, B, C, or D version. I also have recently listed at the Classified Section of this forum duplicate sets of the old out of print Sterling Models 1-26D 70" wingspan kit. For $25 this will include the two pages from the kit plus a page of traced die cut parts and a complete parts inventory as well as any help you may need via email in constructing your project and includes shipping in a catalog size envelope. I can also scale these and print them at a variety of scales. (I recently bought a complete original kit at auction and am building the kit as well.)

I would like to do the same for the Schweizer 1-34, 1-36, TG-2, 2-32 and possibly others. I am actively looking for kits, plans and factory documentation or magazine articles on any of these kits or aircraft.

Thanks,

Tom Martin

Preveiw the plans at lightfastgraphics.com/schweizer_126.html