Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Aileron set-up using Hitec Prism 7X on a full house sailplane

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Aileron set-up using Hitec Prism 7X on a full house sailplane

Old 01-19-2004, 07:13 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Aileron set-up using Hitec Prism 7X on a full house sailplane

I am starting to work out the set-up of an Airtronics legend using a Prism 7X. This plane has separate servos for each aileron and for each flap.

If you are familiar with the Prism 7X, perhaps you can help me figure this out.

The manual can be found here if you want to take a look at it.
http://www.hitecrcd.com/Support/Manuals/P7XManual.pdf

I am trying to determine the best assignment for the Ailerons. Should they be on 1&7 which provides aileron diff, but no flapperon on the ailerons or 1&6 which gives me flapperon features on the ailerons.

If I put them on 1&6, do I lose control of the flaps on 6? It would seem that I would.

I would like to maintain use of the ailerons as spoilerons which seems to require 1&6 and have full flap features including mixing to the elevator. Can I do this with the Prism 7X, or is it limited in this regard.

I could move the flaps to 3 and control them from the throttle position, but then I believe I lose the integration wiht the landing function switch and the elevator flap mix. Right?

I am sure if I get a new radio with newer programming and more channels I can do anything. That is not an option right now. For now, the Prism 7X is the radio I will be using.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:54 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Aileron set-up using Hitec Prism 7X on a full house sailplane

Actual set-up is now under way. Any suggestions would be welcome.