Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Have motor, need sailplane

Old 03-09-2004, 12:08 PM
HoboDog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have motor, need sailplane

I'm looking for an ARF that would be a good match for an AXI 2808/20. The claims are up to 37 oz thrust It weighs 2.75 ounces. 32mm wide. I have an assortment of folding props already.
I am thinking about the 2m Omega. It weighs 42oz. I just don't know if the nose is wide enough for this out-runner motor. I think the motor they recommend is 27mm wide.
Any suggestions please?
Oh ya, My intent is thermaling. The Highlander from Hobby-Lobby fits this motor but I don't know if I'm ready for a hotliner.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:24 AM
HoboDog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have motor, need sailplane

In response to a PM I received;

Hello (person who PMed).,
I still consider the 2m Omega the top candidate. Stay away from the Filip. After reading posts about the fact it is a nightmare to build I put it on the bottom of the list.
I picked the middle wind motor because it has the highest watts to the prop with the number of cells I plan to use. I don't know if that is good logic or not. I bet you could use any of the 3 winds of a given motor size and not be able to tell the differance while flying.
Still haven't found a home for my 2808/20. sailplane or otherwise. Let me know if you come up with a match for yours. I'll keep you informed.

See my post on E-Zone under Sailplanes asking the same question. They had some suggestions there.