Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

4' walmart foam glider conversion

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

4' walmart foam glider conversion

Old 05-08-2004, 09:36 PM
crashntrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4' walmart foam glider conversion

Just a bought a $5 foam glider at walmart with the intent of dropping in my JR Quattro minis and the motor that came with a GWS Tiger Moth. The plane has a 4 foot wingspan. Has anybody done this? How did it go? How did you mount the motor? Where should the servos go? How 'bout CG? Planning on using cardboard with balsa sticks to stiffen and hold straight as control surfaces. Going with rudder/elevator/throttle (3ch). Just going to have fun with this, but your experience and ideas would help it be successful faster. Pics would be even better. Anybody want pics as I go along? I travel for a living and will be taking this along next week for kicks. Always wanted to try this!!
Old 05-09-2004, 03:04 AM
Siskiyouline
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4' walmart foam glider conversion

Try this link. Has lots of info on modifying that airplane.
http://www.acesim.com/rc/wallywing.html

Bud