Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Spirit Wing Additions / Modifications

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Spirit Wing Additions / Modifications

Old 05-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Virgin_Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spirit Wing Additions / Modifications

Hiya,
After have some fun with my first glider (a Spirit 2M), I am in the process of making an e-spirit by building and modifying a 2nd fuze...

Since I am building the 2nd one from a kit as well, I will have all the stuff I need to make a 2nd set of wings...

I am thinking about modifying these wings to also include ailerons on the outer part of the wing...
I have looked at the manuals for the Spirit 100M & Elite and I think it is possible to do. However, these also include Flaps...

Has anyone done this or has heard of this being done with a standard Spirit 2M kit???
Any other comments???

Thanks
--
VB
Old 05-31-2004, 10:52 AM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spirit Wing Additions / Modifications

I have both the Spirit and Spirit Elite, modified to electric. Neither has or needs ailerons.
Spoilers, yes, but I've not felt any need for ailerons.
But it is a simple addition if you do it.