Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

Old 08-21-2006, 07:54 PM
SkipinHouston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

I've stayed away from NES because of this thread. Maybe some of you that have had positive experiences with them can get "Sal" to read these reviews and possibly make some adjustments in the way he does business.... or maybe not.
In any event, when I spend my money I want to spend it with someone that will appreciate my business. (And, I probably will offend some people but sometimes yankees can be really rude and terse. I might have to understand, but I don't have to pay for it.)
Ya'll be sweet now, ya heah?
SkipinHouston
Old 09-01-2006, 08:46 AM
inchworm

Found this thread after I had placed an order with NSP. While I don't have a horror story to tell, I doubt I will be doing much, if any business with them in the future. 3 weeks after I had placed the order via their website, I had not received any product or communication. I looked at their website for the customer service phone number, found it, called it, and got their answering machine saying their hours were A to B Monday thru Friday. I double checked their website, which plainly states hours on Saturday as well, which was when I was trying to call. Not a big issue in and of itself, but a warning flag none the less. I got my order eventually, [5 weeks], and it was complete and undamaged.
So, in summary... Sketchy business organizational skills, slow delivery. Life is too short for this type of heartburn when there are other sources for the type of products I am looking for. I am not yet to the high end kind of super ships that might be exclusive to NSP, so I can easily go elsewhere, which is most likely what I will do.
ALSO... It seems to be human nature to 'pile on' when a thread like this is started. Everybody has had both good and bad experiences with retailers, but only the bad ones get talked about, it seems. Same theory as the newspapers and nightly news on TV. Bad news sells, good news bores. So while NSP seems to be less than stellar in their business practices, I don't feel they are demons on earth bent on wiping out your bank account and intentionally causing you ulcers by frustrating your desire to go out and dance with the wind.
Speaking of dancing, I think that is where I'll go. Smile, people!
Old 12-31-2006, 06:54 PM
oldpilot
My Feedback: (1)

Well I can only judge NESailplanes from my own experience with them.

As I live in Australia, shipping of products I order from the US are an ongoing problem for some firms.

I have ordered two planes and their associated equipment from NES in the last year.

All have been received by me in good time and in good condition.

What else is there to say. [sm=what_smile.gif]

Cheers. Patrick. [sm=shades_smile.gif][sm=regular_smile.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 10-12-2007, 06:07 PM
WO

I was told by a couple of good sources to skip nsp but I want a Defiant and have ordered one. Wish me luck so I can get it by Christmas. I here some people get lucky with this guy but you would be better off picking a source like Tower as I have spent mucho pesos with them and they never miss. wo
Old 10-12-2007, 06:12 PM
WO

Well Punk do you fell lucky, buy from nsp. wo
Old 10-16-2007, 11:46 AM
macawvet

Boy was I sorry I found this thread AFTER I had done business with NE Sailplane. I have had nothing but disappointments since I started ordering from them. One thing I noticed is that Sal likes to try to get people to order much more expensive items then what you originally wanted. I ordered a Barracuda. Oddly, no charges appeared to my account. After 2 weeks I called to see what was going on. I found out that it was out of stock, and would be for months. They didn't even e-mail me to tell me. Sal offered to sell me a Dragonfly, which I'm sure is a fine plane, but it is almost 3 times as expensive.
I purchased a Lynx-e from them and had them build it for me. $350 dollars for the build and test fly. When it arrived, it was clear the plane had never been tested. The right flap was wired backward. When I test ran the motor, the gearbox separated and the motor, spinning inside the body, tore the wires out of the speed control. The CG was 3" rearward from the suggested point. Now in fairness they did send me a new speed control quickly, but I feel I did not get what I paid for.
Oh, and what was mentioned earlier about being a small company and dealing with people. I am a sole practitioner of a vet office. I have 4000+ clients. Are all happy? No, of course not. But I keep the vast majority of them happy with customer service, advice, etc. and am available 10 hours a day for my clients. If something is not to their liking, I will do whatever I can to make it right if the customer is willing to help. Being small is NO EXCUSE! In fact, I use the small size of my business for extra personal service.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:32 PM
flygilmore

I have only ordered 1 time from NSP and it was enough that I will never do so again!!! They screwed me around so badly that it wasn't even funny. From not being able to get any sense out of anyone about my order to it taking almost 2 months to get some of my products it was by far the worst buying experience of my life!! What a shame-and yeah, the prices are crazy on some stuff. I wouldn't even give them a second chance!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:58 PM
juggler-3310

The last time I contacted NSP was to get some advice on what type of motor to order for an old timer sailplane, as well as props. I did not speak with Sal, but with one of his employees. The gentleman acted as though I was wasting his time. He said in an arrogant tone that he couldn't help me. As snotty as he was, I'm glad that I was forced to go elsewhere. I ended up with a terrific set-up at a good price, and I didn't have any of the problems described in this thread. I will avoid NSP in the future. They left me with a bad impression, and this thread has confirmed that I was right.

juggler
Old 10-29-2007, 09:25 AM
rc_heli_flier
My Feedback: (12)

As you can tell from my name I fly mostly helis. However, last year I was building a Trex 450 and needed a Medusa motor for it. Everyone else I deal with was out of stock of the motor according to their web sites and numerous calls. NES web site said they had it in stock, so i called and they said they did. I ordered it from their web site and waited, and waitied, and waitied some more. After Two weeks went past and no motor yet I called to find out why. They said it was out of stock when I ordered it, which was funny because my on-line order was placed 5 minutes after my phone call with them confirming they had several in stock. The bottom line is it took me six weeks to get it. I was not very happy about that, and probably would never do business with them again because of it.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:07 AM
kamakasi
My Feedback: (3)

it seems sal has only enough business sense to keep a hand full of customers happy. I know it is hard to avoid nsp for some planes but I have been able to locate other sources for most all of their line. It is a shame to see a company with such a nice product line run on a seat of your pants attitude. maybe as customers, are taking too much time from sal's flying time?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:54 AM
swoopdown

That company is disgrace.
Do not deal with them ever!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:54 PM
birdcatcher
My Feedback: (28)

i placed an order with nsp 31 august 07. mid september i called and was told it was on backorder, would be in in one week
mid october i called and was told order was being shipped from prague. end of october i called and was told i was nr. one on list.
cancelled my order. contacted esprit and same item is being shipped. CAVEAT EMPOR
Old 11-01-2007, 04:10 PM
swoopdown

Disgrace!
Old 11-02-2007, 01:21 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Once again I will ask that you ONLY post if you have had actual dealings with NSP. Unlike the rest of the threads in the forum THIS ONE IS NOT AN OPEN DISCUSSION. General comments will be deleted. Just let the customers' stories speak for themselves.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:22 PM
ChuckA

Been doing business with NSP for over 10 years without any problems. Remember that almost nobody will post a message about good results while many people will bash anyone who thinks they have been short changed whether they really have or not. Therefore I always consider that one positive report offsets 50 negative reports.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:29 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

I called them up. Told them what I had been flying, told them the equipment I had and what I wanted and he walked me through several choices until we got it down to the one I wanted, I ordered it and recieved it three days later. They actually talked me out of the one I had in mind when I called because he didn't think unless I upgraded my motor and ESC I would be happy with it.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:01 PM
goliathman
My Feedback: (3)

I order an XL3200 from them. it got here fast and was extremely well packed.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:01 PM
WO

Well I have heard of their bad service too, but my Defiant came in a week and it is a very nice kit. wo
Old 11-11-2007, 04:33 PM
swoopdown

Absolute disgrace!
50:1
Bad:Good ratio is the norm for this company.
Disgrace!
Taking money and not being able to suply a product he is able to deliver is std procedure for this company. Not long ago he was taking orders for JWs that were no longer being made.
Absolute disgrace!
Old 11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
RU4JESUS2 FALCONGTS

has anyone heard of www.soaringusa.com???? are they together with nsp?? have not did much looking into so far

thanks all falcon
Old 11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: RU4JESUS2 FALCONGTS

has anyone heard of www.soaringusa.com???? are they together with nsp?? have not did much looking into so far

thanks all falcon

Vermont vs California according to the mailing addresses on their websites. Different folks. Please start a new thread about them if you're looking for opinions and feedback.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:07 PM
RU4JESUS2 FALCONGTS

Very sorry about that I had started another thread seems like they have simular gliders a rookie mistake on my part

I had wanted to get A nsp glider may go with something else.

falcon
Old 11-28-2007, 06:55 AM
RussFrench

I would like to thank you guys for 'finally' helping me to decide upon not using them for a new sailplane I wish to purchase. I have been trying to contact North east sailplanes for approximately 5 months asking them a few basic questions about a sailplane I was interested in buying. So far, after 8 email attempts and a couple of phone calls, I still don't have my answers. After reading the troubles you guys have had (and you're in the same country!!) I have found a much better deal and someone who is quite happy to answer my questions and to deal with someone from the other side of the world (down-under). Sorry that there are these problems with a company that seemed (to me) to have a wonderful product.[]
Old 11-28-2007, 08:36 AM
KJMDES

I've had extremely good luck with them. Never needed advice, so I can't speak to that, but I've ordered several times and no problems. Good stuff, fast, etc.

Cheers
Kevin
Old 12-08-2007, 12:25 AM
ENVYNLUST

Other than RCU, I have heard many upset customers for NES...I personally buy from SoaringUSA and have never had a problem. They have a buge variety, give plenty of great advice and don't push the expensive planes. In fact, Bob asked my skill level before he would sell me a higher priced plane. Also, he give 10% on accessories, and will give you stickers and hats when you buy. I guess I'm just a sold customer...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.