Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

Old 12-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Rain-maker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

Ok guys....

After reading all the negative feedback on NSP I am looking for other sources to find my next glider, a Ka-6E 3200mm . They have a good price on what appears to be a quality product. I have searched with no luck for other sources...

Any help?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:40 PM
JYM

Gunfight at the O.K. Corral ... great movie, no? No cheaters, face to face, the good 'ol time.

But, between us, I like more reading. Last book I read to my son was the "The Little Prince". I guess you all might be a bit too old for such reading so I strongly advice you guys "The Dalai Lama's Book of Wisdom".
Old 12-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Rain-maker

Nicely put Jym....

I currently have an Alpina from Multiplex still in its box untouched. Bought it 5 yrs ago and wouldnt part with it. I see Multiplex no longer makes this but have found one hoppby shop in Germany who still has stock. By the time its shipped i'm inot it nearly $1000.00 USD. CRAZY! but whats a guy to do, do without?
Over the last few years I've been playing with petrol helicopters (Vario and AirStar). Talk about no mercy! Have a split second loss of concentration and you've just lost several hundred $$$$.
So, my love for silent flight becomes renewed! Heres where NSP comes in. I wanted to start off with something a bit smaller, maybe a 2-1/2 or 3 meter size more forgiving ship. The prices of European models has become so outrageous and availability scarce. Whats a grown child to do?
Old 04-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Beans007

This is the worst business I have ever tried to deal with. I've never posted anything on the web about bad service before, but their "customer service" is just so bad I need to vent somewhere. I hope people can find this useful so they don't waste their time and sanity with Northeast Sailplane Products.

I placed a $400 order 3 weeks and 2 days ago. After 8 days I called and asked if it had been shipped or why I hadn't received a tracking number. I was told it hadn't been shipped yet and it would be shipped within 48 hours and I would receive an email when it did. I called a week after that during normal business hours and got the answering machine. I left a message asking to get back to me. They never did. I called again 3 days later and got an answering machine again. I called a few hours later and got a hold of someone. I was told they'd get it shipped that day. They didn't. So yesterday I called and said I wanted it shipped out today or I'd cancel the order today. Big surprise. It wasn't shipped so I called to cancel the order just a short while ago. The man there yelled at me and told me he didn't give a s*** about little f***ers like me.

Worst. Business. Ever.

Shop somewhere else.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:46 PM
marktur

Yeah, I just called to ask a question and buy "something" (a new sailplane) and I had a wonderful chat with "Mr. Personality". If I was a "newbie" to the hobby, I would have given it up after the way I was spoken to. He offered no information, and I hung up feeling like I was bothering him. He said his name was Sal. He should change it to "sad".
Old 04-11-2008, 03:51 PM
mike the snake

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Soaring USA or Composite Specialties (F3X.com).
Old 04-16-2008, 04:58 PM
fishguide
My Feedback: (3)

Well more bad new for NSP. I ordered over $1000 worth of sailplane stuff. I was told it was in stock. I was talking to the owner Sal. I call back and after many attempts got his wife. I ordered it online but called to change the shipping to two day service, she said don't waste your money you will have it in three days. That was April 10th. If I don't receive a tracking number by close of business Friday, I will call my credit card tell them not to accept charges from them. Then I will go on his web site a give him a link to this Thread.

Sad
Old 04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
marktur

EDIT by BMatthews

I will remind all again that are posting to this thread. To prevent it turning into a free for all or flame fest ONLY postings from people that have had direct dealings with NSP are permitted.

This is a rather contentious topic as I am sure you can all appreciate. For this reason it needs to stay purely factual or it will have to be deleted. Please respect this decision before you post.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Vettdriver

I have ordered four maybe five sailplanes from Sal over the past 8 to 10 years.
I think the first one ever was a Chuperosa, how's that for back in the day.

I must say that although I NEVER look forward to talking to him, I have always received my orders complete and in a timely fashion.

I think as he moved from sailplanes in to park fliers and other electrics it may have become too much to handle.

Just my .02

Old 04-29-2008, 10:35 AM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

I made two purchases with nesail. The Bambi II with the power combo and servos. The second order was a byp-yak with the SPektrum DX-7 radio. The first order was by internet and the second order by phone. NEsail is very reliable or maybe im just lucky. If you have any issues with nesail and like their sailplanes, look into espritmodel.com . it has alot of great products and fantastic sailplanes.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:54 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've sent many e-mails and left many messages over the last few weeks with zero replies...
Old 04-29-2008, 08:43 PM
rcflyerdave

I saw Sal in a picture from the NEAT flyin in a magazine recently and wondered how he is still in buisness.A few days later I saw this forum and it brought back bad memories from Joe Nall a few years ago.I wanted to purchase a 25% ARF and asked to remove it from the box to check for warps.Sal reluctantly let me and it was warped. I asked to look at the 2 nd of 3 and he got very rude to me but we opened it and it was warped too. He refused to let me look at the 3 rd saying that I could strighten it when I got home if it was warped or he would replace it later.The crowd and I at the tent could not believe how he acted.I later walked by the tent and all three ARFs were sold!There were at least 2 unhappy campers.I would recommend that no one take a chance.I am 63 years old and 15 years in hobby. Dave
Old 04-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Carnifax

Another bad NESP story. I had a few $$$ in the RC budget for the year so I thought a sailplane might be fun. I called NESP and was "lucky" enough to speak with Sal. Being new to sailplanes (not RC) I asked Sal about a particular plane/motor combo on his website. In particular, was this a good combo for my skill level and would I need anything else to get started. He said (without provocation from me) "Its all there on the website, whats the matter, can't you read?".

Stunned, I thanked him for his time, hung up and called SoaringUSA and placed an order.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:01 PM
anuthabubba
My Feedback: (102)

Okay. I'll speak up about my very short experience with Sad Sal. A few years ago I was looking to buy an RC HLG and liked some of the offerings from the NSP catalog. In about 60 seconds on the phone Sal, with his rudeness and arrogance, convinced me not to spend any money with NSP. I bought and built a couple of nice kits (Osprey, Chrysalis), for about as much as he wanted for an ARF, that I still enjoy flying.

Terry in LP
Old 07-16-2008, 05:07 PM
apwachholz

BMatthews - First off, thank you for pointing me towards this thread. I appreciate closing the other thread down to avoid additional 'repeat' exposure. As i mentioned before, I unfortunately can chalk my name on the growing list regarding poor experiences with NSP. I'll keep this one short and sweet:

I had heard many things about the quality of sailplanes that NSP offered, so I decided to place an order. Excited, I anxiously waited my arriving package. One week, two weeks, three week, four weeks....what the heck? So I called. Numerous times, left numerous messages, and nothing. I even called to confirm a cancelation of my order and still, to date, six weeks after the initial order (and I do have a confirmation email) I have not heard a thing. I shot emails directly to Sal - and nothing.

I by no means am attempting to "flame" anyone or any business (as I used to own a business myself) but, the sheer lack of interest in customer service and customer satisfaction tells me that the only goal of this company is to make $ where they can - ignoring the customer. To me, this is a sad sate of affairs.

On a positive note, Thank you to all who mentioned [link=http://www.espritmodel.com/]E-SpiritModel[/link] - I have yet to order from them but they seem very reputable and everyone speaks very highly of them.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:56 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Esprit and tell them Evan sent you...
Old 07-16-2008, 11:26 PM
astroboycp

EDIT-

Once again PLEASE keep this thread limited to only feedback from people that have had direct dealings with NSP. Other posts to this thread have and will be deleted or edited to post this reminder.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:47 PM
billdor
My Feedback: (11)

I too am sure sorry I didn't read this thread before ordering from NSP. My order was placed in July and by mid August I had not received it nor had I received any notice from NSP so I called them to find out the status and was told it was back ordered and not expected until the beginning of Sept. I asked why I had not been notified of this delay and was very rudely told that "they did not have the time to email everyone who had a delay in there shipment". This should have given me a hint that they must have had a lot of people in the same situation. I was then asked "would You like to cancel your order?" Again I should have realized that they must have had a lot of similar problems and that was the normal way to deal with them. Like a fool I told them not to cancel the order and so I am still waiting for its arrival (Sept 7th). I will post again if and when it arrives.

Bill
Old 09-18-2008, 07:13 PM
billdor

WHAT A CHANGE. I called them again yesterday to check on the status of my order and they couldn't have been nicer or more helpfull. I guess they were having some problems getting stock from their supplier, so I changed my order to a unit that they had in stock and they said they would ship it right away. I would like to apologize to them for my previous post, perhaps I was a little premature and just caught them on a bad day. (we all have them once in a while).

Bill
Old 10-26-2008, 09:47 PM
billdor

Received my new Ocelot Hotliner a couple of weeks ago, This is one beautiful machine and it arrived well packaged and in perfect condition.
Thanks Sal.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:38 PM
sdstick06

Just wanted to say....

I have been doing business with Sal for 20 years and have never had any problems at all.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Idare2bdul

I've ordered a couple of times from NE Sailplane and got the item quickly, well packed and at a competitive price. That said I tried to find out if a plane was available in the advertised color. I got a phone recording, left a message, no return call. Same thing on an Email, no return message. Looks like this is another company run by people who love and know their hobby but running a business is a bit much for them. I don't think they are crooks but they aren't too organized.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:47 PM
sdstick06

Don't email them.... and don't leave a message.... just keep calling until you get them
Old 12-21-2008, 06:08 PM
donaldpowers
My Feedback: (6)

It may be "piling on" to add my comments to this post, but I feel I need to add my voice to the chorus. I had the same experinece with NESP as most of you. Ordered a plane, was told it woudl be shipped in 5 days Nothing had arrived 3 weeks later. Left messages emails, etc. for about 2 weeks before I finally reached someone. Was told it had shipped and arrive in 10 days. Long story short, someting like 2 months elapsed before they confessed that they could not get the kit at all. All of this was extremely irritating becuase I had originally wanted to get the kit quickly so I coudl complete it in time for my nephew's birthday. This was a couple of years ago. The memory of the irritating experience having faded somewhat, I called a couple of weeks ago to order a small sailplane for a christmas present for someone. When they said it was "out of stock, but shoudl be here in a couple of weeks" I remembered my last experience and decided it was not worth the aggravation.
Someone said they thought these guys were "not crooks, just disorganized". I'd characterize it differently. I think their modus operandi is to say whatever they need to to take an order, then hope thye can fill it before the naive consumer realizes they're being strung along.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Blind Squirrel

My experience with Northeast has been in my opinion, very good. I don't bother them and wait until they ship which is usually pretty good! I have bought almost $3,000.00 in stuff from them. I don't have much time anyway so I just wait patiently. They have things I can't get anyplace else. Everything I have gotten from them was perfect and worked great!! Thanks Sal!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.