Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

Old 01-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Jack Womack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

I ordered a model from them and it never came. I called 2 weeks later and was told it had shipped. I called 1 week later and was told I hadn't placed an order. I got Sal on the phone and he found the order, but said it wasn't in stock. I was told when I ordered it that they had 3 of them. I cancelled the order. That was in late 2000... I haven't bothered with them again... Dump on me once, shame on you... Dump on my twice, shame on me...

Jack Womack
Old 01-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Eplane65
My Feedback: (16)

I, too, am unhappy with their attitude. I do business elsewhere with people that appreciate my business.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:35 AM
catmanev

I just received my latest order from NE Sail. Phoned it in, talked to 2 very nice people. Got what I wanted with absolutely no problem. I always get great service from them.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:32 PM
jw637362
My Feedback: (1)

I recently generated an online order for a Large High Start with NE Sail.... I received an Email stating the total bill-but I will not be charged until they found the Proper Shipping and then will charge my account.

I waited a couple days and still no charge to my account. I called with-in their hours of operation, No answer - I gave them the Invoice number, My name and my Return Phone Number. No call back.
I might call them Back again, Who knows. At least I was never charged for anything yet.
But yeah, weird experience so far and This was my 1st sale through them.
I purchased a Glider through another company and the High Start through them at the same time. I have since received the Glider and am 1/2 way through the build.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:55 AM
jw637362

Update - 10 days. 3 calls, 2 messages, No charges, No call backs and no Parts. Wonder if there out of town?
Who is this Sal? Are they a mom and pop shop. Do they have employees.

Would just like to get my stuff.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:18 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What kind of histart? If it's an everyday one you would do better with the big box hobby stores like Tower Hobbies. if it's a abnormal histart (biggie size) you can do no better than aerofoam. The problem right now though is you don't know what Sal is going to do. Keep trying to call.

http://www.aerofoam.com/hosemonster.html
Old 03-24-2010, 05:29 PM
gestalt

I should have read these posts about Northeast Sailplane products before I ordered an Aurora 9 with 9 channel receiver. They charged my credit card for the 9 channel model but sent me the 7 channel version instead. The invoice with the shipment also showed that they charged twice the estimated shipping charges supplied by their web site for my zip code. They provide no e-mail address on their web site and have not responded to my phone message. I am living proof that you people were right about this company. It looks like I am in for rough sailing with N.E. Products.

No one, under any circumstances, should order anything from this company. If you can't get it anywhere else, you're better off doing without it.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:05 PM
gestalt

This is an update.

I have left at least five phone messages with NE Sailplane and have sent a detailed e-mail demanding that they send me what I paid for (I paid for a nine channel receiver with my Aurora 9 and they sent a seven channel instead). I have received no response.

They left a message on their answering machine saying that they would not be available until today (April 2) and that all phone enquiries should be made at that time. I have called twice already today. No one answered and I got the same message saying to call on April 2. I left two messages today, and they have thus far not called. If they are true to form, they will never call. Evidentially, they believe that I will not continue with the trouble and expense of long distance calls .(They supply no toll free number).

There is simply no excuse for this sort of thing. Some of you have said, even with all their faults, that they are not crooks. I have good reason to doubt this.

I have already been burned but have posted this in the hope that others in the hobby may learn from my misfortune.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO BUSINESS WITH NORTHEAST SAILPLANE PRODUCTS

Old 04-03-2010, 10:23 AM
2milehiguy
My Feedback: (6)

My two pesos worth....I have been doing business with Sal at NSP since their beginning. I have placed many orders and received prompt friendly service. IMHO a good place to do business. Bob B.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Eplane65
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: BMatthews

Try....

http://www.icare-rc.com

And Hobby Lobby at http://www.hobby-lobby.com/elsailb.htm
Don't forget www.espritmodel.com
Old 04-04-2010, 02:44 PM
BMatthews

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Just an update to say that today this thread was pruned of all posts other than those from folks that are describing direct order dealings with NSP.

Due to the obviously contentious nature of this thread no other posts will be allowed. Any such posts will be deleted out of hand.

However posts about actual dealings with NSP be they positive or negative are welcome.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:48 PM
gestalt

2milehighguy,

If you know Sal, where is he? Has he disaappeared from the face of the earth? I have called about twenty times to date, have left numerous messages and have sent e-mails. I have been completely ignored. The transaction occured weeks ago.

If you are able to contact Sal, ask him to respond to his phone messages and e-mailsthat is, if he is really on the up and up. Unfortunately, the facts of my particular transaction seem to indicate otherwise.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:17 PM
gestalt

Please disregard everything I said about Northeasat Sailplane Products.

I overreacted and was completely wrong. I spoke with Sal today and he apologized for not getting back to me sooner. Appartently, there was illness in his family which forced him to be away from the business for several weeks. He could not have been nicer or more helpful. The matter was cleared up to my satisfaction. He even took the time to give me advice on a medical problem we both share. He is a fine fellow. Understandably, I feel quite bad about my overeaction and hope that Sal will overlook it.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:30 PM
dtarm1

I placed an order with Northeast Sailplanes on 23 August 2010. The order totaled $560.97 and was for a Neu 1509 with reduction gear and an ESC. Today is 4 November and I still don't have the products. Since I live inGermany, I'munableto fly for another 5 months. In trying to determine the status of my order, I called their stated business number during their stated business hours. I was able to speak with one of their representatives once in the hundreds of times I pushed redial on my phone. Never did Ireceive an invoice (either paper or electronic) from NSP. Today I called my bank to place the transaction in dispute. I also left a message for Sal and Carolyn giving them the opportunity to resolve the problem. I don't expect to hear from them.

Had I read the comments on this thread, I would never have called them.

Please Send Sal and the gang a message. When you order something, do so from another business and then call NSP and leave a message letting them know they lost your business because of their poor service. That is likely the only way for them to improve their service and remain in business.

Sal and Carolyn, its for your own good.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:20 PM
tkilwein

NES, should be, Never Expect Service.
I ordered on aug 12 and left voice and emails with no answers.
Order 4C63ECBFADxxx placed on their web site order process.
I also got WE ARE SORRY WE ARE ON VACATION on their answer machine for a week.
Everyone needs a vacation, but how about a return call either before leaving or when you get back.
Finally cancelled order after a month+, I will say they never charged my CC.
Wish I had done some research before ordering.

Dtarm1, Good luck on getting your money back or get what you ordered.
I am going to do exactly what you say on calling them.
Have a new Vulture from Skip Miller Models in the works.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 AM
high flyer 777

I purchased an online order for Blitz EPP biplane at the end of September 2010. I have made at least 10 phone calls & 1 letter to NE Sailplanes. They have not
responded to my voice mail messages or my letter asking the for the status of my order. Today is December 1st 2010.

I have never seen such bad business practices. Me coming from a 40 year retail background. This is unheard of.

Don't purchase from this company. They are bad news to the RC hobbyist!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
AeroDude

here is my experience with nesail..

a year ago I attempted to purchase one of their gliders, placed the order, did not hear a word for two weeks, had to call to finally find out that they did not actually have the glider I wanted and would not have it for 4 - 6 months but did not bother to contact me, however they never charged my card.

on 11/29/10 I placed an order for two Spektrum AR6000 RX's, got the conformation e-mail, but nothing has come, so today I decided to call for my order status, called at least 10 times but only got the answering machine, I attempted to leave a message but the machine responded that it did not have a tape. I attempted to e-mail Sal, and tech support but neither e-mails work.

holly crap batman!

AD
Old 12-08-2010, 04:13 PM
tkilwein

This is how service should be and is from MR-KITE.
Placed a order monday morning and received it wed, 3 days.
He replied to my emails in minutes not forever and it was a small order.
Thanks MR-KITE.

NES if your reading, my Order was aug 12 4C63ECBFADxxx, you lost over $1300 in another sales from me that went to another vendor.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:10 PM
TexasThermalKing

I had an order ready to go for 2 kits, one radio, and wanted to get in touch with them on a question I had about one of the kits. I can't reach them, it's been a week of emails, and phone calls. No response. So I start looking to see if anyone knows if they are out of business and find this , along with the RC Groups comments about all the same problems.

Update: 12/27/2010 By John Taylor

I, like many others have ask " Is Northeast Saiplanes still in business?" My many calls over thirty days directly to them, has only reached the answering machine. My emails to all the published business email accounts are unanswered. Not one reply, to date. The website is still up and functioning, which as you search for yourself, you will see the site is driving the confusion. Not one person on any forum, any where, has mentioned reaching NSP in the last two months. There is no response to their calls or emails. Customers talk about canceling online orders through their credit card companies, or online payment methold, not by contact with NSP. This is not me flaming anyone or any business. This is simply the facts, after a careful, systematic, lengthy search.

The answer is : No one Knows if Northeast Sailplanes Products is still in business!

I simply suggest you try to reach any company to check availability, on what you want to order, before you order online. "Buyer Beware" is an old saying, that stands true today. Be careful.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:28 PM
high flyer 777

Has anyone filled a complaint with NE Sailplanes with the state of NJ?
Well, then we should.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:58 AM
rbrown3rd

I thought I was just losing it in my old age. I placed three orders about three or four months apart this year. Each order was for $19.80 and charged to my credit card. I received an email confirmation for each of them but now after digging through a ton of credit card invoices I cannot find any record of my card having actually been charged and neither have I received the merchandise I ordered. I called a few days ago and received a nice voice message and was told to leave a message. I didn't because at that point I was not sure what I had ordered and what I had received. At least my card was not charged. I think something strange is going on at NES. Perhaps there is a serious illness in the family as someone in this thread implied. I hope someone gets to the bottom of this and posts what is happening.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:00 AM
high flyer 777

Illness happens, if that be the case, all they have to do is post that they
are not accepting orders at this time. Instead, NE Sail has chosen not to
do anything & takes orders & does not respond to it's customers.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:13 PM
BMatthews

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Please only post in this thread about direct experiences with NSP and only if it was you that had the experience.  Due to the obviously contentious nature of this thread no other posts will be allowed. Any such posts will be deleted out of hand.

However posts about actual dealings with NSP be they positive or negative are welcome.

This is a repeat of an earlier post regarding this thread.  It's being provided here as a reminder that this is not an open discussion thread for the reason given above.  Please DO NOT POST unless you have ACTUALLY HAD DEALINGS with NSP and limit the post to a direct and factual description only.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:21 PM
zwever39

I too have purchased from Sal over the past 6 or 7 years.
Purchased a L23 Scale plane which arrived in record time. One of the office staff did call to clear a credit card problem with me. Sal was helpful with information too. It's still unbuilt.
I also ordered my DX7, he had the best price at the time, and a high-start from him. No problems.
Last year a friend ordered a glider from them and the only error was that she wanted delivery the beginning of July (my birthday) and it arrived a week early.
Service overall was at worst good.
An interesting dichotomy.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:46 AM
TexasThermalKing

I see no one has mentioned, talking to NSP this month. Still no answer from them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.