Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 05:21 PM
ove1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEGATIVE FEEDBACK: Northeast Sailplane Products

I did order a planetary gearbox from them 12/19/10.
I can see that my account has been charged for the amount and I received an order confirmation.
Let’s see if my gearbox shows up anytime soon.

I must say that I am worried after reading through this thread thou. I will make a post when I know more.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Jcm1518

I also ordered from them on 12/20/10. I got an e-mail confirmation, but my account was not charged and the phone calls keep going to the answering machine. I just hope they contact me soon.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:01 PM
TexasThermalKing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello "ove1982" and "NewIberia3D",

We are all wondering what is going on at NSP. Did you both, just order on the website at NSP? Did your online orders, process online, just fine...no prompts or other messages? It seems to date, across the web...noone has spoke to them in the month of December 2010, as outlined above, and we are now into January 2011. I ask you to please, Do Let Us Know, how your confirmed orders turn out....by posting your response here. We would all appreciate the information. If anyone has talked to NSP this month, Jan. 2011, please let us know. The open and running website, advertising all it's listed products for sale, and is taking online orders, is causing confusion with customers that can not contact anyone at NSP, through emails or phone calls. John Taylor
Old 01-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Jcm1518

Well I gave up on them.... I called till Wednesday, then today I left a message telling them not to Charge my account. I don't know what else to do.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:39 PM
TexasThermalKing

NewIberia3D, I'm sending you a PM. John Taylor

Update: 1/6/2011

I have not heard from Northeast Sailplane Products. I have called many times each week, sent emails, letters and letters by registered mail. There is no reply.

Yet as shown above, the website is still up and running, advertising all their products for sale, taking orders and payments of all kinds, from people worldwide.

Please be careful. If anyone talks to them this month, please let us know. Thanks, John Taylor

Old 01-08-2011, 12:29 PM
ove1982

Hi.

Sorry for late reply, but I have been traveling home the last couple of days.

I did order at their website without contacting them before I placed the order, paid by credit card and received an order confirmation.
I have been charged for freight also.
I think the order confirmation is auto generated ([email protected]), and I have not been trying to contact them after I placed my order.
This is the order confirmation I received, only removed the addresses and credit card info.

Thank you for ordering online from Northeast Sailplane Products. Because outgoing parcels range from small to oversize, we have included only the merchandise total in our online ordering system. NSP will calculate the best shipping price for your order. The total will be included on your receipt. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-802-655-7700. Order Date 2010-12-18 19:40:35Order ID 4D0D48A0672F1Planetary Gearbox 3.8-1 with 3.2 mm shaft 1 $29.95 $29.95 Merchandise Total: 29.95
Old 01-10-2011, 11:47 PM
TexasThermalKing

Thanks ove1982, Please let us know how your order turns out at NSP. John Taylor
Old 02-10-2011, 02:28 PM
TexasThermalKing

This is just a follow-up. Has anyone out there done any business with NSP in Dec. 2010, Jan. 2011, or Feb. 2011? Please post here if your orders were online, and processed OK. I see the NSP website is still up and running...but they will not respond to emails or phone calls. Please let us know if you have recently made contact with NSP.
Thanks, John
Old 02-12-2011, 09:53 AM
PeterH

I noticed a minute ago (on February 12, 2011) that Sal is selling stuff on E**Y as seller 'salnsp'. Maybe using the 'ask the seller a question' feature will get a reply.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:24 PM
TexasThermalKing

Thanks a lot Peter, I'll check with Sal through the E- ay site. John
Old 02-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: TexasThermalKing

Thanks a lot Peter, I'll check with Sal through the E- ay site. John
I'd like to hear what you find out as well.
I sent NES a money order for over $300 last December and haven't heard anything since.

I want to give them a benefit of a doubt, but it's hard to remain patient when my money sits in his pocket and I can't even get them to return a call.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:00 PM
TexasThermalKing

Hello Highflight and all you other Northeast Sailplanes Products customers,

Highflight, I'd try to trace the money order, see if it has been cashed, if not see if you can cancel and get your refund. Unless you get hold of NSP and they respond. Please let us know here what you find.

Warning to all: The NSP website is still up and running, taking orders and money online. We can't find anyone who has talked to them, or recieved any reply from them in any form.

This is an update on the best I can find about Sal and NSP. The Ebay site is active and it appears Sal is selling some brushless motors online as "salnsp".

I have tried to reach him through the Ebay feature " Ask the Seller a question". I did this 14 days ago, there is no response from "salnsp", to any of my questions on the motor he was selling.

To date...there are no replys to recent messages left on the phone machines to any NSP website phones listed. No replys to many emails to all available addresses. No replys at all since the end of October 2010, when I started trying to reach them. The website is up and running, I cannot find anyone that has ordered recently from them, and recieved their orders.

I have no information on NSP's Ebay dealings, or if orders there are being filled for customers doing business there. Please be careful.

I hope anyone that has done any business with them recently...please let us know how your order went, by posting something here.

Thanks, John
Old 06-04-2011, 05:28 PM
VasDoc

I ordered a Blade 3D from NESP May 8, 2011. To date I have not heard anything other than getting an order confirmation at that time. I have called at least 3 times and left messages and requested a call back, again with no response. The last I checked my credit card has not been charged.

Finally I called and left a message canceling my order. Again no response. I decided to send NESP a copy of the order confirmation with a note on it to cancel my order. The letter came back. It indicates they have a new address, and apparently it has been long enough that the Post Office would not send the letter on. I sent the letter to their address listed on the web page. The address the post office now has is:

NESP
140 Kirby LN
Williston VT. 05495-7235

Checking Google maps it looks like the new address is roughly 8 miles away from the original and street view suggests a private residence.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:02 PM
high flyer 777

Yep, I ordered the exact same plane last year & never got the plane. I called, left messages, & wrote letters.
Still no responses. Nothing.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:22 PM
dtarm1

I called NES (of course I had to leave a message) and told time I'm disputing the transaction with the credit card company and asked them to return my call as soon as possible.  Nada - nothing -  About 2 weeks later, my motor came in the mail.  It had been shipped from the manufacture and I simply refused acceptance.  I've never operated a business, but I can tell you how not to treat me.  Too bad

Randy Neu should refuse to sell through NES because it detracts from his outstanding products.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:20 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

STEVE Neu.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:14 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Based on all the posts I am seeing on the other forums, NESail appears to be pretty much out of business.

I am shocked that you received anything.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:04 AM
bhaight
My Feedback: (9)

Tried to contact NES today. Was okay with leaving a message if necessary regarding an order placed 10 days ago. Wasn't able to leave a message as the phone voicemail box has no space on it. Resorted to using the e-mail for SAL at the bottom of the contacts page. Not expecting to hear back. Will reorder from another company. Plan on returning merchandise if anything ever arrives from NES.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:14 AM
jstaff

Ordered several items I've got from NES over the years, gap seal tape, etc. have had no problems in the past, but ordered over a month ago, got conformation email but nothing since. Can not contact via supplied phone number from web site. Answering machine tape full. Looks like maybe out of business. There is a way to close a business and a way not to. They better watch out they are close to breaking the law!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:29 AM
houckj

I ordered from them a few years ago and had good service. Ordered in late December 2011 and received an order confirmation but phone calls, fax and email go unanswered. Mail box is full, fax doesn't answer and emails are useless. Website is still up and looks up to date. I will keep trying but don't expect much after looking at this thread. Does anyone know a good hobby source of holographic tape? PLEASE ASK AND DISCUSS THIS QUESTION IN A NEW THREAD-BMatthews
Does any one live near them and can visit?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:59 AM
mitchellpilot

Thank goodness I checked this thread before ordering from NSP. I wanted their Easy Glider, but I'll order a similar plane from someone else.
Does anyone know if they are still in business?