Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Slope combat plane for starts?

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Slope combat plane for starts?

Old 12-04-2004, 08:10 PM
flier4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slope combat plane for starts?

I am looking for a good slope plane to begin slope flying. I am an intermediate powered flyer and fly powered gliders. I like the idea of an all EPP foam plane and it seems like the combat slope soarers are the main source of this construction. Is a combat slope plane a good idea to start with assuming I only fly it and not do combat right away? The other plane I was looking at was the Anabat trainer but I would like to have a really nice plane also. Your expert advice please.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:28 AM
10channel-delete

Default RE: Slope combat plane for starts?

combat wings are a hoot to fly, whether or not you combat them is up to you - most people don't. but you will get in the air in a hurry, and teach you the basics of flying on the slope without risking a high dollar airplane or one that won't surprise a bump in the ground. there are many manufacturers, my favorite is bob mellen, flyingfoam.com. bob has different sizes, all epp, epp and white foam (my preference) and all wings are cnc cut.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:58 AM
flier4

Thanks. That reminds me, I forgot to mention that I fly a Zagi electric quite proficiently. I guess I could use that for the slopes, just don't use the motor. I was really wondering how hard the slope planes like a Spitfire, Zero, or P 51 are for flying?
Old 12-10-2004, 12:49 PM
ricktkenny

Hi

WILDTHING MK3 at http://www.freewebs.com/sasepp/

SAS IS THE NAME - EPP IS THE GAME.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:14 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a ZAGI 3C slope plane and I love it! This is my first slope plane an I would recommend it to anyone.