Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Dynaflite Skeeter

Old 12-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Tomcat_AL200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynaflite Skeeter

I've got power-plane and helo experience, and plenty of kit building experience and I was thinking of a Dynaflite Skeeter for my first sailplane. I'm going to be using a 2-channel 27MHz AM transmitter and I was wondering what Rx, battery and servo's to use. I'd appreciate any help.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dynaflite Skeeter

Small. That's what you think when putting stuff in a Skeeter.
It will fly with micro-servos, and a 100 to 200 mah battery at the most.
Use a built-up horizontal, instead of the slab in the kit, the plane builds tail-heavy, and you don't any nose weight.
Light covering. Mine is dope and tissue.
A pull-pull rudder wouldn't be out of the question.
http://www.angelfire.com/indie/aeros.../Skeeterx6.jpg
Old 12-10-2004, 12:34 PM
xplayer930

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dynaflite Skeeter

Tomcat AL 200: That was the first r/c kit i ever built! That kit brings back memories, at the time i was 12, i flew the hell out of that thing. I since i was so young i was never able to get to the filed during the week by myself to fly my powerd planes. I would fly the glider durign the week at the local BB field. I probally had around 500 fkights on it till i retired the airframe.

If you have a belt sander it will make it really ez to sand the nose adnt he canopy, since they are both blocks of wood.lol woooo balsa dust!