Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Sailplane Webring

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 09:43 AM
bckyrdbshr
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sailplane Webring

I just created a webring for R/C Sailplanes for electrics to hand launch. I looked all over the net just for sailplane webrings and only came across one and it didnt work. I thought I'd give it a try I need at least 3 people to join my ring to keep it active. So I thought I'd post here to try to get some people to join. It doesnt matter how small or how big your site is as long as it pertains to sailplanes. It be nice to have one ring that people can come to to find out about sailplanes and find some usful info they can use without having to search forever on the net to try to find things out. So come on guys help me out here if you would like to join my ring click [link=http://www.mbone.rchomepage.com/index.htm]HERE[/link] and scroll down to the bottom and click join now..

Thanks in advance,

Blake
Old 12-16-2004, 04:33 PM
fprintf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sailplane Webring

Well, why bother with a sailplane webring nowadays? Before the invention of decent spiders like Altavista (and way before Google), and the manual population of catalogs like Yahoo! we used to use them to organize the web for us. It was a cool way of connecting like-minded people to your website. I do not see the value now, especially now that many of us use Google and can get whatever we want with a few specially chosen words.

Google rules!