Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Harley Michaelis GENIE

Old 02-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Culver10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Michaelis GENIE

I'm about to start the build of my Genie. How many other folks have built one? Do they fly as good as it looks? I would love to see pictures of your completed Genie's to decide on color scheme. Here is a picture from Harley's web site [link]http://genie.rchomepage.com/[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65806.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	230623  
Old 02-18-2005, 04:24 PM
fprintf

Default RE: Harley Michaelis GENIE

An awesome plane to be sure. I think on the other glider forum there have been a few builders who have build Genies and from all I hear they are nice fliers, if a little heavy. It is on my list once I get the urge to start building composite wings. Apparently the RDS system is a little finicky.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:36 AM
Greg 1954

Hi all My name is Greg Nilsson, Went by Greg Michaelis thru school, Harley was my stepfather, He married my mother at the age of 7 and started me on a lifetime of Model airplane flying
The Genie was a lifetime culmination of flying and building experience. It was hard being the son of a perfectionist. Believe me when I say my father's models were Art not just airplanes. they were always flawless in their construction and the paint breathtaking. The heaver weight was for penetration purpose's as where we flew was alwas min 25-45 mph winds and pop was definitely into slope soaring. Founding member and president of the League of Silent Flight #23A , I was listed and 23B being the child, any chance we got we were out flying. I know if you build a Genie you will be awed by its proformence. Keep the wind under your wings Greg