Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
 Slope Soaring at Cap Blanc Nez is in danger >

Slope Soaring at Cap Blanc Nez is in danger

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Slope Soaring at Cap Blanc Nez is in danger

Old 11-29-2005, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slope Soaring at Cap Blanc Nez is in danger

(Normandy, France)

Message from Philippe Cambier, who needs your support !

=================================================
Dear friend aero-modeller,

the local aero-modellers of the Cape Blanc-Nez have just informed me of the very close prohibition to practise the slope soaring on the famous site of the Cape Blanc-Nez, close to Calais, due to the "rehabilitation of the site" ! (see the attached documents: they are helas eloquent).

Whether you are like me a regular user of this site or only an occasional visitor of this exceptional location, we must react as quickly as possible to the administrative investigator in Sangatte who is responsible of this action being proposed. This will be with the cooperation of the local aero-modellers (Jean-Claude Picot, Luc Varlet, Bernard, Henri...) as well as the Belgians who are almost resident (Maxime Francois, Jacques Dubru) all who also seek supporters everywhere in order to exert pressure on the Departmental Authorities and to obtain the cancellation of this unjustified decision (in short: in who and what do we disturb ?).

Attached you will find a form letter (see Modélisme_Cap.pdf). Print it, insert your name and address, the date, sign it and send it to me by post to my address below. A meeting on the spot with the administrative investigator is scheduled for December 8: it is necessary that I can obtain a maximum of letters before this date. If you estimate that your letter could not reach me before that date, forward it straight to the Mairie of Sangatte. We have up to December 30th for let them know our opinion.

As well forward this email to all your correspondents, including foreigners, who know this site. I will make it also displayed on Internet sites such as www.aeromodelisme.be, vdp3f, www.aeromodelisme.com... If you have any further suggestions please contact me.

For the future, we intend to form a list of the modellers interested by this site in order to join us in an association of defense of our rights (style what exists at the Banne d(Ordanche). If you wish to be listed on this file please communicate me your details (email, addresses, telephone...).

I rely on you, do not be in late, this site being worth the value of a post stamp

================================================== ================================================== ==

Philippe CAMBIER 3, rue du Crinquet B-7611 LA GLANERIE Belgium
Phone: (try first) Home: +32.(0)69.64.78.14 else (only when not at home) Mobile: +32.(0)472.70.63.07
<mailto:[email protected]> Skype me under "camphi"
Old 12-09-2005, 09:15 AM

Default RE: Slope Soaring at Cap Blanc Nez is in danger

If you haven't done yet, please support the petition.
=================================================
Philippe Cambier proposes to send an e-mail to the authorities , and copy him:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear friend aero-modeller,

if you want to participate to this petition by email please use the following elements:

1) address: mailto [email protected] + copy to [email protected] (for statistic purpose)

2) to be easily identifiable by them use the Heading (in french):
"Att. Michel DAMBOISE. Pétition Modélisme Cap Blanc-Nez"

3) as body, use the text in the 3 languages:
- je soutiens entièrement la pĂ©tition visant Ă* annuler l'interdiction de pratiquer le modĂ©lisme au Cap Blanc-Nez,

- I completely support the petition aimed at canceling the prohibition to practise slope soaring in the Cape Blanc-Nez,

- ich unterstütze völlig die Petition, die darauf abzielt, das Verbotzu annullieren, den Modellsegelfliegen am Cap Blanc-Nez zu praktizieren.

+ Name and Address (no signature needed because sending is by electronic mailing)

Thank you in advance for your participation and to spread this news to all your correspondents.

Phone: (try first) Home: +32.(0)69.64.78.14 else (only when not at home) Mobile: +32.(0)472.70.63.07
<mailto:[email protected]> Skype me under "camphi"
Old 04-19-2009, 04:53 PM

Recent info from Philippe Cambier:

================================================== =============
Should you want to talk to me free, send me an email and I will open my Skype under "camphi"

-
Cap Blanc Nez: a Round Table Meeting recently took place

The Cap Blanc Nez (area of Calais-France) is now part of the “Great Site of the Two Capes” whose restoration is now in progress.
The promoters of this great project want to establish a maximum protective zone for fauna and flora. For this purpose, areas of containment have started to be designated, which would not give any further access to the slopes for the practitioners of our favourite hobby: slope soaring.

The habitual group of modellers, French and Belgian, whom are anxious to preserve this site which has exceptional flight possibilities, have created an association called “VDP Blanc Nez”. This is now affiliated to the French Federation, FFAM.

In order to bring together all parties (associations, FFAM, the authorities concerned, participants of the project,…) a Round Table Meeting recently took place and the flying sites were designated. In spite of certain restrictions, the possibility of flying on this exceptional site has been preserved and a agreement should be signed between all the parts at the end of April 2009. We will keep you informed.

To fly on the site, membership with our association and the FFAM will be obligatory. The FFAM is looking for a solution for visiting and foreign model aircraft flyers.

Very strict rules will be enforced to authorize access to the slopes, the Nature Wardens will have authority to enforce these regulations. Quadrilingual leaflets are currently distributed on the site to make our Association known with visiting modellers and to encourage them to contact us.

In appendix: the text of the quadrilingual folder

For more information, please regularly consult the our association’s Blog: http://vdp-blanc-nez.blogspotcom/

Old 04-19-2009, 05:17 PM

A report in different languages:

http://vdp-blanc-nez.blogspot.com/