Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Huron DLG

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 05:52 AM
bluezephyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huron DLG

I've been flying R/C airplanes for the past 15 years and last week I had the oppertunity to watch a DLG in action for the first time it was a Cyberdyne, and now I'm hooked gotta have one just can't resist any more. Does anyone know anything about the Huron DLG it does look to be a great first kit? I really like the price at just over $100 because all the comp. models are so pricie. Also is the wing one piece from the factory or do you have to join it , and do you have to cut the covering on the wing tip to instsll the launch peg?
Old 02-04-2003, 03:49 AM
rmartin

Default Huron DLG

I too was intrigued by this plane. All I have heard is terrific. I thought it was a novice kit as I am a real rookie, however even though it is ARF it assumes some previous building experience as the instructions are diagramatic only so I have shelved it without ever starting. I would be glad to sell the untouched kit to you if you are still interested. Just e-mail me if you would like it. Russ
Old 02-04-2003, 01:46 PM
bluezephyr

Default Rmartin how can I contact you

Thanks rmartin how can I contact you so we can talk a little more about your Huron. Also I'm only about 1 hour from Mt. Airy NC so maybe if your close to there we could meet so I could pick it up if I was to buy it from you. Thanks
Old 02-05-2003, 03:08 AM
rmartin

Default Huron DLG

Simply e-mail me at [email protected]
Old 02-08-2003, 04:16 AM
rmartin

Default Huron DLG

Was nice to meet you today bluezypher and I hope you enjoy the Huron. I'm still intrigued by this beautiful plane and will be anxious to here how it goes for you. THANKS, Russ
Old 02-08-2003, 04:07 PM
bluezephyr

Default Thanks

Thanks I will let you know how its going and I will email you a video of dlg launching it if my uncle and I can get some good footage.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:21 AM
bluezephyr

Default Huron

Caught a thermal today with the Huron DLG, More than an unofficial 5 minute just guessing didnt have a stopwatch. But I have had some flights that were timed at just under a minute and this seemed a lot longer.

Different type of thermaling than with a glider with a poly wing, definatly more chalenging trying to keep the wings soaring flat.

Great day Temp. upper 50's light wind that some times killed the thermals but when the wind would die the thermals would pick back up.

Oh yeah had a buddy to fly with today a stray buzzard, hope he doesnt know I'm the one that chases him with a Norvel .061 on my Herr Cub.