Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

BOT wood kit

Old 01-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Rick K
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOT wood kit

Hello guys, it's been a while. . . like almost a year I guess! My old (6yr.) sys. became so haunted that I gave up using it, it took a half hour to boot! Well, with the support of all the good tax paying people of Ca. the State Dept. of Rehab. decided it'd be a good idea if I returned to school to finish up my degree. . . Finally??? (been working on it for 30+ yrs.) So they just had to buy me this VERY nice brand new $1K computer to ensure I could do so which arrived at my door yesterday via the kind folks of FedX. (Sch. starts Mon.) Back to the question:

I bought a BOT wood kit (again! Anyone of you remember my tale of my wife running over my complete but unyet covered wings story?) around a year ago but have been working on other stuff, so besides looking of refeshing my mem. by looking over the inst. & plans I have't touched it yet.

Does anyone out there have a opinon on building it with the 'skinny' fuse section shown on the plans, that sort of 'V" cross section? Does it make the fuse even weaker? If you did build it that way and perhaps the 'stock way' did it seem to make any 'real' difference? Another words it is worth the trouble?

Rick K LSF 6493

Old 01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
JohnAgnew2978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BOT wood kit

The skinny fuselage is elegant and a weak point. It also reduces the need for nose weight. I once saw a BOT land a bit crossways to the wind and literally explode.
Nevertheless, I'd do it.